Stefan BAJČETIĆ: 2022/23

It’s nice to watch a player without worrying once we scored 2 we had the game won. Can only think of 3 chances they had and one Davies headed way over was the only one late on that they had after we scored.

1 Like

Telling performance as Onana had the quietest game I have seen him have, not that I have watched many of their games.

2 Likes

(Liverpool FC — 'Our people deserved it' - Jürgen Klopp on Liverpool 2-0 Everton)

I think he actually meant this is the first time he’s played as an 8.

2 Likes

He came on as the number 8 in the Villa game. Thiago plays more positional/controlling at LCM than Hendo par example does at RCM. So it can suit Bajcetic, having a bit more licence to play higher, but also act as the additional number 6 helping Fabinho, which he did last night. Allowing Hendo to go and press all over the place, which he also did.

2 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Jürgen just lost track.

Anyone else catch the reference to the double-six? 4231 in the works?

We’ve done it in a few games since the world cup. See the complaints about Thiago being pushed too high up, which was at least in part a consequence of making that change

Watching the game and also mentioned in a reply, it was a very flexible formation and at times I thought we were morphing from a 4 3 3 to a a 4 2 2 2. With Gakpo dropping and Hendo pushing forward and Stefan and Fab holding, it seemed quite fluid.

will be interesting to see how that fluidity holds up against a midfield of Tchouameni, Modric, Valverdi, Camavinga, and Ceballos.

Our standard chartered player of the month for January.

10 Likes

He’s got some balls

1 Like

We played it a good few times this season. That is often our go to when the team is in trouble and we lack balance, Klopp then tries the two banks of four to improve our defending again.

1 Like

As someone says our boys will smash them :kissing_heart::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Mentor Thiago :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

During the game I missed the turn from Stefan did to open up the pitch to start the move for Cody’s goal. Sublime yet simple

3 Likes

yet if you watch our last match, that didn’t happen once. sideways and backwards from the midfield, except for Fab who tried to turn a few times and then the forwards were hiding from the ball. .

1 Like

Fab was better on the ball against Madrid than he has been and that says a lot, but defensively he is just too slow in both actions and thought atm and I can’t see him getting that back

His stance looks so much like young Gerrard to me. What a player for his age. There are aspects of his game that needs improvement but nothing says he won’t step up and improve on those in a year or two further.

2 Likes
6 Likes