Stefan BAJČETIĆ: 2022/23

Confirmed on his Instagram that he’s out for the season

More great news…

Back to having 5-6 players out at any point in the season. Klopp says it’s all bad luck, I say some of it is, some of it must be us and that is not sustainable.

Hope the kid is good to have a full pre-season. I’d like to thank him for what he gave us a bit out of nowhere this season in 19 games. One of the rare positives this season.

4 Likes

Friday The 13Th Horror GIF by filmeditor

1 Like

Fuck sake can’t we get a break from this shite for once

End of the day a lot of people want to play on the idea the team is shit but frankly again this is another player who will have now missed minutes through injury and substantial minutes.

The season previous Milner and Gomez played sparingly because we just didn’t have the pile up.

Thought Jürgen said it was to give him an extended easing back into the team because they were unsure what the risk of recurrence was?

It was inevitable I feel - young skinny lad playing a lot of football at the highest level whilst his body is still growing. We had to rely on him a bit much really in the end.

Here’s hoping he’s back for the start of pre-season training. A real exciting prospect for the club.

3 Likes

Yet some were moaning when he didn’t start games.

1 Like

Just as I expected… I wish that I could conjure good things with my thoughts instead of stuff like this.

Well I wasn’t. This is exactly the sort of thing that I was worried about.

1 Like

That’s what I think, too! Or a particular TV show… :eyes:

Dammit. In this season of utter crap, inconsistency, and underperformance, watching the younger players like Bajcetic has been one of the few things I have actually enjoyed.

4 Likes

The kid who was struggling to complete 70 minutes not long ago ends up suffering a muscle injury that puts him out for the rest of the season after playing almost non-stop.

Sure, it’s just more bad luck.

4 Likes

Another one we’ve broken in barely three months. Something needs to be done, second season in three years that’s close to getting written off due to the catastrophic rate of injuries.

I tend to agree with you. I would love to put together a distribution of our injuries – frequency and severity – against those of other competitors. Bad luck happens, but there is also the question of whether the players are being put in situations where they are more prone to experiencing such bad luck.

One of the bright spots in our season was this kid. Hopefully the experience he has gained in the last few months alone will help his development.

I’ve commented before about how referees allow our opponents to hack at our players scot-free; the cumulative effect of this fouling has to take its toll.

1 Like

You don’t get adductor injuries because you’re being kicked. You get them because you’re asked to perform a level of exertion you cannot recover from over and over again.

As a team once you start the season in bad physical shape, as we seemed to do, it goes on like you’re trying to bail water out of a sinking boat with buckets that have holes in them.

5 Likes

We just didn’t need him to be honest, TAA was doing well, Milner covered occasionally I think the only issue came at the end and I’m sure he was injured then.

Effectively even with a 3rd less injuries we are looking at a better season

This is from January 6, it is staggering

1 Like