Summer Transfer Window 2021

Leonardo Balerdi from Dortmund to Marseille for £7.2m.
Emiliano Marcondes from Brentford to Bournemouth on a free.
Sydney van Hooijdonk from NAC Breda to Bologna on a free.
Sebastian Soto from Norwich to Porto (B) on loan.
Ricardo Esgaio from Braga to Sporting for £4.9m.
Vitolo from Atletico to Getafe on loan.
Cengiz Under from Roma to Marseille on loan, £450k fee.

2 Likes

Obviously not as good as his old man was!

Marko Dmitrovic from Eibar to Sevilla on a free.

This probably rules out the possibility of Shaqiri going there.

Must admit I am getting fed up with this “transfer season”. We just get linked to anyone who can pull on a pair of boots by any reporter who has no knowledge of what is happening. It is like trying to get a straight answer out of a politician, a complete waste of time.
I will just wait until something is announced by the club.

1 Like
1 Like

Harry Kane replacement?

Hopefully someone forks out big money on Ings. We have a 20% sell on clause.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what constitutes as top level from his perspective - ironically, Man United, with all the creativity in their attack, could use a player like Ings who would routinely put away the chances they create and lead the pressing. He’d likely fit the Man City team as well for the same reasons but they seem hell bent on signing Kane. Liverpool and Chelsea probably don’t want him, neither do Leicester now that they’ve signed Daka.

I wonder if Rafa would go for him and pair him with DCL? I have a feeling Richarlison will be looking for a move once the Copa is over.

Danny Ings, that is.

If that’s what he counts as top level, then why not? :wink: Seriously, though, I think his top six options are limited, so he might settle for a top eight club. That said, these things don’t happen without agents being previously contacted by interested parties and then advising their clients not to accept the improved contracts. Some club must have tested the waters with his representatives and I think that Ings is too good not to play for a top eight side in PL.

4 Likes

I wonder if that top club his representatives have tested the waters with might be us in a deal that sees Minamino stay at Southampton?

Michel-Ange Balikwisha from Standard to Antwerp for £5.4m.
Kevin Diks from Fiorentina to Copenhagen on a free.
Franco Cervi from Benfica to Celta for £3.6m.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind him as Origi replacement.

Ings doesn’t really help a Top Six club IMO, and I’m not sure riding the bench at a top club suits him as he works toward his twilight. He could help a lot of clubs who already have at least one good striker. Leeds, Leicester City, West Ham are all clubs where he might find himself both seeing reasonable playing time and fighting for at least Europa League and maybe a domestic cup.

2 Likes

John Lundstram from Sheffield United to Rangers on a free, 3-year deal.

3 Likes

Come to think of it, I wouldn’t mind it but Ings’ age relative to that of the front three probably rules him out. That said, Minamino, like Shaqiri, doesn’t have a role that would make the most of his talents, so I do expect him to leave, even if it’s just on loan.

1 Like

He will do well up there in Gerrard’s team.

Marcos Paulo from Fluminense to Atletico Madrid on a free.

Santos Borre from River Plate to Eintracht on a free.
Loic Bade from Lens to Rennes for £15.3m.