Summer Transfer Window 2021

Nuno Santos from Benfica to Pacos Ferreira on loan.
Omar Alderete from Hertha to Valencia on loan.
Rodrigo de Paul from Udinese to Atletico for £31.5m, Udinese highest ever sale.

2 Likes

Does this mean Atlético don’t want Luis Alberto anymore?

30mil for De Paul is excellent business for Atleti. He’s going to be an absolute monster under Simeone. That midfield is stacked.

1 Like

Not quite the same position on the pitch I don’t think, even if de Paul could possibly play more further as an attacking midfielder. I think Alberto would be more in rotation with Felix? Who knows how much they really want him. De Paul could possibly be a replacement for Saul in central midfield.

1 Like

Ismail Jakobs from Koln to Monaco for £6.3m.
Mathew Ryan from Brighton to Sociedad on loan.
Sam McCallum from Norwich to QPR on loan.
Mitchel Bakker from PSG to Leverkusen for £6.3m.
Kiko Casilla from Leeds to Elche on loan.

1 Like

Joao Mario from Inter to Benfica on a free.
Pierre Lees Melou from Nice to Norwich for £5.4m.

2 Likes

Juninho from Palmeiras to Midtjylland for £1.4m.
Sebastiano Esposito from Inter to Basel on loan.
Boulaye Dia from Reims to Villarreal for £10.8m.
Zinho Vanheusden from Standard Liege to Inter for £13.5m.

Rui Patricio from Wolves to Roma for £10.3m.

2 Likes

Mendes got bill to pay.

Edit: Lol, Mendes also represents the goalie they are looking to bring in as replacement - Jose Sa of Olympiacos. Not surprised, really.

2 Likes

Tomas Vaclik is Olympiacos’ new GK on a free from Sevilla.
Matt Clarke from Brighton to WBA on loan.
Carlos Bacca from Villarreal to Granada on a free.
Lucas Perrin from Marseille to Strasbourg on loan.

1 Like

Interesting one this. They spent serious cash to buy him and appear to have released him on a free to avoid having to pay a hefty penalty clause to his previous club, Sporting Lisbon, for selling him to another Portugese club. Sense that despite the sale of Hakimi there’s still some serious balancing of the books to be done.

What happened here. He seemed to be a pretty solid first choice keeper for them for quite a few years and then all of a sudden is bombed out on loan, first to Arsenal as a backup and now to Sociedad. Falling out with Potter?

Performances started to drop (even if he is technically a decent GK, but in terms of defending the goal, I saw some weaknesses, especially for the PL), Sanchez came in and kept his position. Don’t know if there’s something more to it, I think it’s just that - performances. Sanchez got himself in the Spain squad as their 3rd GK.

3 Likes

Ryan has never been a good goalkeeper, he’s too small. Poor shot stopper and poor in the air.

3rd behind Simon and Mr Blobby

1 Like

Utd trying to get rid of Alex Telles. Weird, I remember being specifically told he is better than Robertson…

2 Likes

I’d have actually taken him as backup to Robertson. I think he’s a decent to good player, but Shaw really found form last season.

He’s just been a flop. He had one season that didnt work out and the only games he’s had there in the 3 or so years since were in seasons they were trying to loan him out and couldnt find a taker. He’s just an example of a player they overpaid for, didnt work out, long gave up on but couldnt offload.

2 Likes

He’ll get fat over the next two weeks vacation. Habitual.