Summer Transfer Window 2021

[quote=“Bonus, post:570, topic:1800, full:true”]

Another Mino Raiola masterclass - mugging off everyone worldwide. I might contact him and see if he can negotiate my wages with my employer

2 Likes

My take is that the CCS judgment relieving Man Cheaty of any significant fine re-FFP has given a clear signal to clubs: spend whatever you want, don’t care anymore about the relationship revenue-spending. And if you go bust, it’s your very own problem.

Basically, we are back to the pre-FFP situation, when a lot of clubs, not least Atletico, were managed in precisely such a reckless manner. And some of them went bust indeed, like Leeds for instance.

When you remove precise rules and allow clubs to gamble again, that’s what will happen.

5 Likes

Where’s the money John?

backing up homer simpson GIF

3 Likes

I’d want us to be in this conversation…

3 Likes

I dont get the agitation over Atletico and Griezmann. Their only real striker is 34 year old Suarez with knee troubles. Costa and Dembele have been moved on and none of their other attacking players are players who can play that role. They absolutely need someone and they’d be mugs to not put their hat into the ring for Grizzy when there is blood in the water. Even more so when they have a player who is surplus to them who can be used as a makeweight, which gets one of their highest salaries of their books. There is no way in hell atletico are going to be picking up his current salary so why wouldn’t they go in for him?

3 Likes

how does one of the top young keepers in all of Europe, go on a free transfer to PSG?

Something stinks.

1 Like

It still doesn’t make sense though,Atletico in debt can’t really afford Griezmans fee and Barca can’t afford to pay the wages of Depay,Aguero and Diaz without getting top earners off their books,so how can they afford to pay Sauls wages? seems like a bit of a stalemate to me.

1 Like

For me it’s a little bit weird from the point of view that Griezmann’s best position/role is Felix’s. Who, of course, hasn’t been great or consistent so far. He has time of course, maybe Griezmann would takeover more minutes and then Felix would build his way up. In Atletico’s system, only one of them two can start really. We’ll see how it pans out.

1 Like

His contract expired and Milan couldn’t afford to keep him.

1 Like

French cheese?

Barca get cash up front and probably pay a lot lower wages on Saul (earns between a third and a half of what Griezemann does?) than they do on Griezemann. They still have to move other players on, and it may be the only way to move on Griezemann.

I think Atletico’s owners put some more cash into the business this summer, so they have some money for a signing or two. Some of Griezemans wages may be picked up by Barca also.

I just heard today Chelsea sold (or putting final touches on) Marc Guehi to Palace for £15M, could go to £20M with incentives.

That is one magnificent piece of business for Chelsea.

1 Like

wow, maybe the youngest high-profile Bosman I can remember. Craziness, it just doesn’t seem sustainable for a player to be developed under investment by a club and he walks away at the end of contract.

looks like they’re signing Olivier Giroud tho.

1 Like

Also good business for Palace. They’re committed to getting younger it seems and I like it a lot. Marc Guehi should be a quality starter for a club like Palace.

1 Like

Chelsea always do very good when it comes to selling.

1 Like

I agree with this. It’s a great piece of business for both, great match for both, even if Palace did overpay slightly. I thought Guehi was excellent for Swansea last season. Just really marveling at how many players Chelsea has throughout their system.

@Iftikhar agreed! It’s really impressive.

EDIT: just realized they sold Tomori in this window as well.

2 Likes

Would you start him over Firmino?

When you consider the Griezmann salary, and what AM have to offer (Saul), then there are much better options out there for an out and out striker.

Plus Griezmann is a racist twat

2 Likes

If they have to the pay the 700k a week, then sure. Assuming they arent, because they cant, and instead they simply give him something in the ball park of Niguez’s salary, which would still make him their highest or second highest players (est 300k a week), then it would make a lot of sense and make the question of who is better and obtainable a really difficult one.

2 Likes