Summer Transfer Window 2021

Florian Lejeune from Newcastle to Alaves on loan.

1 Like

Odilon Kossounou from Club Brugge to Leverkusen for £20.7m.
Yann Gboho from Rennes to Vitesse on loan.
Kevin Almian from Toulouse to Spezia for £3.1m.
Bernard from Everton to Sharjah for £900k.

2 Likes

So Mr Cornet, would you rather live in Berlin or Burnley? Take your time now…

5 Likes

What? Surely that’s ridiculously low? I’d expect a loan fee at that level for even a so so Prem player!

BTW just wanted to say a massive thanks for all your work in here keeping us updated!

1 Like

That’s a very hefty fee.

1 Like

Probably they have outgoings that are sizeable…most probably Leon Bailey, Villa was rumoured to be interested for 30mil.

Now watch him fade into oblivion.

1 Like

£250k a week basic + add-ons (i believe around £100k a week extra)

No wonder we walked away.

3 Likes

Paul Mullin from Cambridge United to Wrexham for freeeeeeeeee!

Former LFC Academy player incredible signing for Wrxham

1 Like

If you squint hard enough, there is a small amount of evidence that Utd are turning a corner away from the Woodward “buy shiny things” concept of achieving success, but this one is tough to justify. If you take a step back it looks like they saw an opportunity to win what they thought was a local pissing contest by snapping up Sancho when he was trying to leave city…the reverse Tevez is you will. And since then have kept trying to win that battle forgetting that it’s about putting out the best product on the pitch that you can.

He’s a good player, and one Ive argued against the conventional wisdom on here in that he does represent a more sizeable value add than had they spent the same money on a player in midfield or defense. Yet it still feels like for that value add they could have got someone else much cheaper, and so it’s difficult to view them as just being obsessed with trying to make that point to city. The irony being City dont give a fuck, and only started the pissing match because they knew they couldnt compete on the pitch at that time…and utd dont realize by engaging they are accepting their place in the pecking order.

4 Likes

Yeah, despite of what we might think, we are still a small club compared to them in terms of finances.

1 Like

Smaller financially, but also smarter financially.

2 Likes

Yes, but Sancho is a top player, he could be top tier elite as well. I’d have loved him here I won’t deny that. Overpaid totally, but if they replace Ole with a proper manager you’d have to start to be a bit concerned as they are still a Financial beast and can pay top whack.

3 Likes

Absolutely. But imagine being smart AND having that flush. Frightening.

2 Likes

He is a talented player with a lot of potential. Does anyone expect him to have the impact that Salah had here? Mo cannot reasonably be the bat by which all forward transfers in the league are measured, but he is illustrative of the difficulty of finding players good enough to enable you to make that last step, and paying Mo level money for players who aren’t that, in part because you’re in some silly local turf war that the other side doesn’t even know is happening, is not a smart move.

I think my point is that Sancho is that expensive only because Utd wanted him, not because that is the level he has played to.

1 Like

And his agent…

The problem is when you bring in a 20 year old on £250k a week, if they get better they will want more… And anyone else coming in, or currently at the club will want parity…

1 Like

FFP was the bit FSG were frightened of…and that flopped.

Think that’s harsh. On performance if we’d paid what we were getting when we bought Salah we’d have paid a helluva lot more than they are paying for Sancho. Salah set top flight records straight away. That level of impact is priceless but certainly over £100/150m possibly £200m!

Tbf, the gap is much smaller than it used to be.

2 Likes