Summer Transfer Window 2021

Rocco Reitz from Monchengladbach to St. Truiden on loan.
Salvatore Sirigu from Torino to Genoa on a free.
Ricardo Mangas from Boavista to Bordeaux on loan.
Youssouf Kone from Lyon to Troyes on loan.
Joe Hart from Tottenham to Celtic for £1m.
James McCarthy from Palace to Celtic on a free.
Joshua Zirkzee from Bayern to Anderlecht on loan.
Federico Bonazzoli from Sampdoria to Salernitana on loan.
Gideon Mensah from RB Salzburg to Bordeaux on loan.
Leon Bailey from Leverkusen to Villa for £28.8m.
Marco Bizot from AZ to Brest for £4m.
Nair Tiknizyan from CSKA Moscow to Lokomotiv Moscow for £2.2m.
Myron Boadu from AZ to Monaco for £15.3m.
Ali Akman from Eintracht to NEC on loan.
Jimmy Durmaz from Galatasaray to Karagumruk on a free.
Danny Ings from Southampton to Villa confirmed, £31.5m.

5 Likes

Ings to Villa is a little bit weird in my opinion. How would they play/start with both him and Watkins? Their styles are pretty much similar. Flip the formation to more of a 4-4-2?

Villa will have a brand new attacking part of the team with all those ins/outs this summer. Will be interesting to see how they gel.

3 Likes

I can see Ings dropping to more of a link player/support striker role.

1 Like

Didn’t Ings have just one year in his contract?

He will probably miss a lot of games but will still come up with around 15 goals. Best of luck Danny.

Come on Southampton, we know you want Origi. Now don’t be shy.

3 Likes

I think Watkins may get pushed out into the left channel with Buendia central and Bailey on the right.

2 Likes

So Tammy Abraham to Villa is also off?!

1 Like

Was it on? Was that a thing?

1 Like

SMOKESCREEN™

1 Like
1 Like

I have a feeling Villa’s new signings are all going to be crap. In particular Leon Bailey.

3 Likes

I reckon Ings will do ok, and Buendia will be good.

3 Likes

Is it not 20% sell on clause over 20m so we get 2m no?

1 Like

It depends, I’ve seen the fee reported as £25m, in which case we get £1m, people here seem convinced it’s £30m, in which case it’s £2m.

3 Likes

Villa doing some interesting spending. The likes of Beundia and Bailly have the skillset to do it in the PL, whilst we all know Ings is a 20 goal a season striker if he can stay fit - he’s done pretty well at Saints. Albeit losing their captain will be take some adjustment.

Not a bad squad, I’d say they will be what Wolves were pre-Jiminez injury. Floating between 6-10th, playing good football most of the time, causing upsets etc. They will finish higher than the bitters.

It’s good to see Villa back in the PL. A proper historic and big club, with a fanbase that sound like air raid sirens. Also Villa park was the scene of that late (late late) Mane header that meant so much.

4 Likes

And they have won the European Cup.

Unlike half the so-called “Big Six”.

5 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Tammy in for Saints - that’s an upgrade on Ings if the price is right for them. Said it before on here, I’d not be upset if we nabbed him.

It’s happening, the chain reaction of the big transfers, followed by the fallout, that I think we will profit from.

5 Likes

Is it confirmed???