Summer Transfer Window 2021

They simply have a lot of bodies. Silva made it 5CBs ignoring Azpi who often plays as one when they play 3 at the back. They simply had too many players so Frank tried to offload one. He was shopping Rudiger but couldnt get a taker so sent Tomori out on loan instead. I havent seen much, but from what I read he’s done pretty well on a decent milan side

1 Like

No chance.

From what I have watched of Italian League/Milan, he hasn’t done any better than Kabak.

Barcelona are buying every free agent out there this summer.

1 Like

Except Messi :rofl:

2 Likes

New front 3?

But we also forget the managerial question at Barca - what will happen with Koeman? And who takes over if he leaves?

He said earlier today that he didn’t know whether he’ll be their manager next season. I have a feeling they are trying to pull off some of Juventus’ tricks of past decade but you felt that every free transfer Juventus made was a well calculated one. With Barcelona, it’s like “OK, so, Aguero’s Messi’s buddy, only ten mills per season, we can have him” and “oh, Depay and Wijnaldum are also best mates, both are free, let’s have them here, too”.

If I’m honest, only Garcia looks like a well-thought transfer when it comes to their “free bunch”. It’s been quite a while since Barcelona properly invested in their central defence and Garcia looks like a good start, in my opinion, a player who should at least fit their style of football. With majority of other positions, they are lucky that their academy is about to produce another great generation, otherwise they’d be royally screwed.

1 Like
1 Like

Lilian Brassier from Rennes to Brest for £1.8m.

1 Like

Alvaro Vadillo from Celta to Espanyol for £1.6m.

Danilo Pereira from Porto to PSG for £14.4m.

1 Like
1 Like

Jacob Montes has signed for Palace on a 1-year deal, subject to international clearance.

@Zoran potentially good deals from an ins and out perspective, but it means they will now have a lot of work to do to actually offload players (Pjanic, Braithwaite, Phil, Griezmann, Dembele). But I think just as important is that teams that make changes without a clarity on who the manager will be are asking for trouble. Depay really only makes sense for that side if Koeman is sticking around (and they can offload probably 3 expensive forwards), but who knows if that’s happening.

1 Like

Maybe they want something like this? Although they did play with 3 at the back in the second half of the season. But who knows if Koeman stays.

terStegen
Roberto Pique Lenglet Alba
Wijnaldum Busquets deJong
Messi Aguero Depay

They want to keep Dembele, they’re offering him a new deal. I think him and Fati will remain as two wide forward backups/in rotation. Griezmann completed a very good season and I don’t think he got the credit he deserved, 20 goals and 12 assists. Ideally, they’d probably sell, but they at least got something from him this season and basically nothing from Coutinho. Pjanic was one of the weirdest and most nonsense deals in my following. Probably just to avoid some FFP stuff in their financial books by selling Arthur and getting Pjanic in. But really, with Busquets being the same age as him and having someone like Frenkie, such a pointless player in. No wonder he did almost nothing this season.

1 Like

Does he have the legs anymore?

Don’t Barcelona have some very exciting young players, aren’t they ready to break into the senior squad?

He never had them because he plays with his intelligence and technique. I know what you mean though. I don’t see him losing his place yet. But Gini will provide some vastly needed energy and Frenkie is good now and for the future as well.

They have a few. Pedri, Puig, Fati. I think especially Pedri and Fati will be close to the team next season, high in their rotation.

3 Likes

I heard about these two this (20-21) season and thought they have already broken through. Don’t watch Spanish League much.

But yeah, La Masia’s level has dropped in last years. With Laporta back, they will probably want to revive some of Barca’s fundamentals.

2 Likes