Summer Transfer Window 2021

I cannot make that in a hotel room in London, my friend. only spot I could find that served it was some super-posh pub near Charing Cross station.

1 Like

Worth bearing in mind that the transfer window remains open in Portugal for another three weeks.

1 Like

Azerbaijan Professional Football League (Sept 1), Czech Football League (Sept 8), Israeli Professional League (Sept 14), Romania Liga I (Sept 6), Russian Premier League (Sept 7), Serbian Super Liga (Sept 17), Slovak Super Liga (Sept 6), Turkish Union of Clubs (Sept 8) and the Ukrainian Premier League (Sept 3) all are yet to see their windows close.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Hard to be a proper football fan these days where you can have a headline on ESPN: “PSG and Manchester United Win Transfer Season”…

I mean, how did I miss the trophy presentation?

Having said the above, I do think we are missing an unpredictable and change of pace player coming off the bench in the forward line. Someone different from the ‘Liverpool Winger’ as recently described by Lijnders.

Requires perspective to be a fan these days…

2 Likes

This is very accurate, but after nearly 20 years, the reply for me is usually ‘Why in the fuck are you telling me? I don’t bloody care!’

1 Like

Don’t worry.

You’ll be able to buy the open top bus parade through Milton Keys DVD in time for Xmas

1 Like

Halil Dervisoglu from Brentford to Galatasaray on loan.
Francisco Montero from Atletico Madrid to Besiktas for £675k.

Axel Werner from Atletico Madrid to Elche on loan.
Faustino Anjorin from Chelsea to Lokomotiv Moscow on loan.

Amine Harit from Schalke to Marseille on loan.

Anyone else think that PSG’s last demand if Real Madrid wanted Mbappé was that Perez had to present himself in front of the Parc des Princes, put his head between his legs and kiss his own arse?

braveheart GIF

PSG were never going to sell Mbappé.

2 Likes

Seba Perez from Boca to Boavista for £1.1m.
Martin Erlic from Spezia to Sassuolo for £3.1m and back to Spezia on loan.
Diego Rossi from Los Angeles FC to Fenerbahce on loan.
Stanislav Kristyuk from Gil Vicente to Zenit for £1.8m.
Max Meyer from Koln to Fenerbahce on a free.

1 Like

Blimey, Max Meyer, there’s a blast from the not so distant past.

But it’s these names we should keep in mind whenever we ‘miss out’ on particular players, as much as those that have successful careers.

5 Likes

That’s one of the reasons I love reading @Zoran 's updates. It continually amazes me how many ‘must have’ players of yester year turn out to be ‘thank god we missed that boat’.

6 Likes

Konstantin Maradishvili from CSKA Moscow to Lokomotiv Moscow for £6.3m.
Samuel Mraz from Spezia to Slovan Bratislava on loan.
Miralem Pjanic from Barca to Besiktas on loan.
Shkodran Mustafi has signed for Levante as a free agent on a 2+1 contract.

2 Likes

The thing I don’t get, is PSG could have used this to screw Madrid right and proper as Madrid were crying poor over their stance for the ESL and the clubs needing it for the money, yet they were willing to offer upwards of 200M euros.

If Madrid are so skint they needed the ESL then PSG should have accepted the bid as full payment upfront - lets see just how skint Madrid are, and also how willing they are to gamble the clubs financial future.

They could have made the deal possible, but in such a way that Madrid end up being forced into administration within a couple of seasons - and that would be funny as fuck to see.

4 Likes

I agree. It was a display of pure arrogance from PSG when, in reality, they could have accepted the offer - avoided the cynicism about them being so rich as to turn down silly money for someone in the last year of their contract - and fucked Real Madrid at the same time, who’d end up paying stupid money for a player they could get for free next year (and are now likely to). It would have exposed the hypocrisy of Real Madrid but also would have fucked them for years.

Actually a little annoyed that PSG didn’t do this. I hate both clubs but let’s be realistic, Real Madrid are the ones most at risk here.

Does anyone know the latest on what’s going on with Real (etc) challenging UEFA’s ban (currently suspended) for pursuing the ESL?

3 Likes

The deal probably would have taken them to their borrowing limits, they lost about 300m euros from covid but have still reported a profit so paying 200m for Mbappe would have probably been only a temporary issue for them as their income bounces back unless there is an issue with their league’s capping system.

But their future TV revenue is due to drop as La Liga are renegotiating the structure to even it out more amongst all of the clubs

By how much though?