Summer Transfer Window 2022

Yeah, it happens time and time again. It’s sickening.

Sounds like that lad would have had a much better chance of first team action at Hertha.

1 Like

I forgot to add, I’m also a bit drunk. So there’s that.

1 Like

Just posted this in the La Liga thread, but figured this thread sees more traffic.

Fascinating look behind the curtain at Barca. What an absolute embarrassing shit mess. Even more baffling is why any player specifically wants to only go there.

2 Likes

It’s a beautiful city with beautiful surroundings and tons of hot babes. The club still has a large following around the world and has a glamourous image despite their recent fall from grace. Players like Raphina will have grown up in the Messi/Neymar era and been heavily influenced by the hype. For Lewa it’s a nice way to slide into retirement.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/UYnvQDJdeuc

1 Like

Hold on a sec, Barca are not able to pay De Jong what’s due to him in wages but can sign new players and agree contract terms/wages with them??? Make it make sense please???

1 Like

Season 8 Nbc GIF by The Office

1 Like

I agree he is no better than Van Den berg I think the Hype when he played for Holland next to VVD was largely responsible for his highly inflated price?

1 Like

I thought they were broke!

1 Like

Retirement won’t be the only thing he’s sliding into.

When I was in my 20s the hot babe factor would have been more important than money.

1 Like

Yeah same.

Though if I had money I might have actually got some hot babes.

1 Like

Really puts a hard cap on the international appeal of the Bundesliga. At least La Liga has a rivalry.

3 Likes

They can afford to pay him, they are just choosing not to. He is owed €17m in deferred salary that he pushed to the end of his contract to help the club during covid. Now Barcelona are more solid financially and have decided they don’t actually want to give him that deferred €17m so they are trying to sell him now before he receives the pay.

Theyve reportedly told De Jong he won’t be registered to play and will have to train with the reserves if he stays. I hope calls their bluff and stays for the cash (or gets them to pay what he is owed from the transfer fee they receive for him).

3 Likes

It is remarkable how many players they have treated so abysmally over the past few years. Coutinho, Griezmann, and now De Jong all chucked aside in favour of the newest shiny object before they could really establish themselves. They have also been dismal about how they manage some of their more rational exits - Suarez was past his prime, but that doesn’t explain the sheer shabbiness of how he was treated.

4 Likes

They’ve been the most attractive location in world football for so long that I think they forgot why they were attractive to begin with.

2 Likes

Corrected it for you

2 Likes

Arturo Vidal from Inter to Flamengo on a free.
Andreas Bruus from Brondby to Troyes for £1.3m.
Casper Nielsen from Saint-Gilloise to Club Brugge for £4.9m.
Fabian Balbuena from Dynamo Moscow to Corinthians on loan.
Sebastiano Luperto from Napoli to Empoli on loan.
Andy Diouf from Rennes to Basel on loan.

I skimmed this too quickly and thought it was an unexpected dig at German women.