Summer Transfer Window 2022

Rhys Williams close to joining Blackpool on loan.

I think thatā€™s a bad move all around. He was surprisingly valuable to City, and even if they land their target as a new LB option its no slam dunk heā€™ll be able to do as well there. Likewise for Arsenal who have supposedly bought him with a view to moving him back into midfield, a role for which theyā€™ve already got a number of players who can do it.

1 Like

Itā€™s possible Arsenal might have one less player in midfield this season that they were previously counting on :grimacing:

1 Like

Ha sure, but Zinchenko sure as hell isnā€™t filling he gap his absence will leave.

The deal financially looks better for City in my opinion.

Cancelo had a brilliant season at LB and they will have Cucurella coming in. Zinchenko had 2 years left on his deal also.

At Arsenal though, he will possibly provide better cover to Tierney (who can get injured here and there) than Tavares, but also provide a decent left footed option in midfield.

1 Like

Yesā€¦ whiff of panic about the move, maybe?

TBH with the injury issues Tierney has continued to have, and with Tavares being highly meh, having a player who can also do a good job at LB probably isnā€™t the worst move for them.

2 Likes

Not wanting to play LB is part of the reason he has tried to leave City, and has allegedly got assurances from Arteta that heā€™ll be used in his more usual role in CM.

1 Like

Yeah, possibly. More game time in midfield. He really didnā€™t play much in midfield for City, I can barely remember that. So; Partey, Xhaka, Lokonga, Elneny and Zinchenko. City will have Cancelo possibly still starting at LB (and then eventually replace Walker on the other side) after the season heā€™s had and a new option in Cucurella.

Montassar Talbi from Rubin to Lorient for Ā£1.3m.
Ryan Flamingo from Sassuolo to Vitesse on loan.
Mbaye Diagne from Galatasaray to Karagumruk on a free.
Leo Ostigard from Brighton to Napoli for Ā£4.5m.

He didnt, but that is where he fancies himself. Far more in the mold of where Odegaard plays than those more combative players who might hold or be paired in a double pivot. Especially when you add Viera in the mix, itā€™s hard to think where he really fits in, other than at LB.

1 Like

This one is interesting for me. Norwegians in Serie A is unusual, and definitely at a top club.

The thing you are neglecting is that they tend to already be married to a ā€˜hot babeā€™, or have no difficulty attracting others regardless of their frequency. So Iā€™d suggest itā€™s the climate - along with the money - which makes certain clubs attractive once you get past the football.

1 Like

Moussa Wague from Barca to Gorica on loan.
Luis Suarez from Granada to Marseille for Ā£9m.

Barcelona hot babes are different to Glasgow hot babes :wink:

Djed Spence from Middlesbrough to Tottenham for Ā£13.2m.
Morten Thorsby from Sampdoria to Union Berlin for Ā£2.7m.
Fabio Silva from Wolves to Anderlecht on loan.

Zack Steffen from City to Middlesbrough on loan.

What a bust :see_no_evil:

Nice arse too

Interested I Need It GIF

So when are Arsenal changing their name to Man City B?

1 Like