Summer Transfer Window 2022

Brenden Aaronson from RB Salzburg to Leeds for 29.5m

As an American, I’m excited to see his development continue. But for 4 goals and 4 assists in the Austrian league last season, that’s quite a fee for Leeds.

That’s a bizarre move. There was a period, I think last summer, where every club who has pretense of being good and was looking for a CB was linked to him. I would have thought a club of Villa’s stature was way out of the running. Maybe he had a shit year?

1 Like

26m for Carlos?

Not sure if serious.

Phillips replacement?

I think for Villa it’s very handsome fee.

It’s a highly sought after player transferring from Spain to England…in 2022.

26m is nothing.

More likely Rahinha replacement. For United States he typically plays wide left in attacking 3, for Salzburg and his club team in the MLS before Salzburg he played in a 10 role behind a striker.

Yeah, I think it might have been Spurs who were heavily linked to him last summer. They have recently paid 40 million for Sanchez and 50 million for Romero. Both younger sure, but both also less established and less of a known entity. 26 million is nothing.

2 Likes

He was linked pretty seriously with City for a while, summer 2020 I believe, before they ended up with Ruben Dias.

2 Likes
1 Like

Looks like Villa won’t have any interest in Gomez now.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Lacazett leaving the arse when contract expires end of June.

2 Likes

So years of the great Lacazette and Aubameyang duo gave Arsenal 1 FA Cup and 0 qualifying for the CL.

3 Likes

I still remember one of those AFTV idiots saying it was time for Salah, Mane and Firmino to move aside as the best attacking trio in the league was now Aubameyang, Lacazette and Pepe.

One had his contract cancelled, one left on a bosman and one they can’t even give away.

4 Likes

I had arsenal fans telling me to my face, the deluded cunts.

3 Likes

Origi
Karius
Woodburn
Ojo
Elijah
Longstaff
Wilson

3 Likes

Alexandre Lacazette from Arsenal back to Lyon on a free until 2025.

Another one who probably had a worse career than predicted…

Lyon, Arsenal for a few years with 1 FA Cup and 0 CL seasons, back to Lyon who finished 8th last season and won’t be in Europe.

16 caps for France, last one coming way back in 2017.

3 Likes

Someone has to explain to a man with limited mental faculties such as myself how the hell it is possible for Man City to demand and likely extract 50-60 million pounds for players like Jesus and Sterling, who are both on huge wages, while Liverpool are struggling to get 40 million pounds for Mane, who’s twice the player either of them is. All of them have one year left on their respective contracts.

3 Likes