Summer Transfer Window 2022

Age…

Sterling is 27,
Jesus is 25,
Mane is 30.

3 Likes

James Tarkowski joining Everton on a free. It’s a quality signing for Everton and although it’s not saying much, he’s immediately their best CB.

3 Likes

If he plays like in those matches I saw, they’ll be getting a quality talent. A powerful fullback with a developed attacking instinct, Conte will have great time coaching him.

Loool… Goldbridge and United fans generally have been after this kid for months :rofl:

1 Like

He’s an interesting one because his performances in the cups drew a lot of admirers but Middlesbrough fans are adamant he is not good enough to play for them (fellow academy graduate Isaiah Jones took his spot last season). Meanwhile Forest fans like him a lot.

He is a bit of a controversial personality, apparently causes a lot of problems behind the scenes and doesn’t get on with many people in the game. Natural talent is way up there though. As you said he is strong, quick, not bad technically… I do think if the reports about his personality are true though that he could butt heads with Conte very quickly.

2 Likes

As someone who doesn’t follow the championship the Boro bit confused the hell out of me. His trajectory is very odd.

• 2020-21 plays almost every game
  • falls out of a favour far and quickly enough to be sent on loan to a peer
  • plays well enough there to secure a move to a prem team

Did Boro just fuck it up and didnt know what they had on their hands? Was his development last season at Forrest that significant and unexpected? Were Boro aware of what they had as a player but just didnt want him around the training ground because of personality issues?

1 Like

Couple of confirmed deals so far…

Cameron Carter-Vickers from Tottenham to Celtic buy option activated, £6.3m.
Matt Targett from Villa to Newcastle on a permanent deal, £15.7m.
Robin Olsen from Roma to Villa on a permanent deal, £3.1m.
Brenden Aaronson from RB Salzburg to Leeds for £29.5m.
Rasmus Kristensen from RB Salzburg to Leeds for £11.7m.
Pedro Porro from City to Sporting Lisbon on a permanent deal, £7.6m.
Isaac Hayden from Newcastle to Norwich on loan.
Fraser Forster from Southampton to Tottenham on a free.
Ruben Vinagre from Wolves to Sporting Lisbon on a permanent deal, £9m.
Marcal from Wolves to Botafogo on a free.

2 Likes

Possible clash (either tactically or personally) with Wilder, who came in around that time?

I’ve not watched any of Boro, but Wilder strikes me as a manager who has a particular way of playing.

I think it was personality issues because his form in 20/21 was pretty good, I certainly remember him having a few good games at least. He also cannot defend to save his life (I mean he actually can’t not in the “Trent can’t defend lolz” meme way).

His main troubles have come with Neil Warnock, it was Warnock who shipped him out to Forest and they had fallen out publically a number of times before that. Spence sent Warnock a tweet immediately after the playoff final with his winners medal and politely worded fuck you style message.

Steve Cooper, for his part, has praised Spence but Cooper is a better man manager than Warnock and is probably the right style of coach for him. I think Conte may prove to be a bit more Warnock than Cooper though.

I’m not inclined to believe someone is a prick based on the feedback of Neil Warnock - a massive bellend - but the reaction of Middlesbrough fans is also universally that Spence is a bad character and a worse player than Isaiah Jones. It’s a bit weird for fans to stand by the ex-manager over the player who is still on their books in a he said-he said type conflict so with Spence I suspect it’s a case of no smoke without fire.

1 Like

Forrest want Williams apparantly. Good option for him that, especially under Cooper.

1 Like

Bloody hell, is Marsh single-handedly funding the expansion of Red Bull empire?!

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

I saw Zoran’s post in this thread and it seems that Marsh has already signed two players from Salzburg for a combined sum just surpassing 41 million pounds. Half of that for Minamino, please!

1 Like

Richarlison linked with spurs.

Don’t know what they’d do with him.

Son left of Kane, Kulu right of Kane. That looks solved for next season.

Spurs would suddenly have a bunch of right footed wide forwards and only a few places/roles for them.

:joy:

Pair him with Michael Keane, play like Burnley and eventually get relegated :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Sell Pickford and get Pope (though that’s an improvement, Pope doesn’t need to risk a groin injury every time he kicks a goal kick).

2 Likes

Fucking hell, is Conte opening up a fucking theater?