The all-new NFL Thread

To be totally honest, I’m happy for the Bengals fans who finally get their day in the sun. I guess the Browns are next up?

otherwise, couldn’t give two fucks to support the NFL. best part about it is the Super Bowl is to day drink starting early in the morning.

1 Like

Long time Bengals supporter…long time. Have had season tickets since 1983. Went to Super Bowl XXIII in Miami. Still supported during the “Lost Decade” of the 1990’s/early 2000’s.

Had a nice run for 5 years from 2011-2016, but not one playoff win. Then, back to crap—until this season.

The Bengals have had hashtag banners this season:

Rule the Jungle
Rule the North
Rule the Playoffs

One last one for the season;

1 Like

Always thought Bengal was more of a cricket place :thinking:

Hoping the Bengals win it in the cruelest way possible as I can’t stand the Rams.

The city hopping, the arsenal owner, the whole “Hollywood” persona they’ve adopted and a couple real unlikeable players.

Be great to see Burrow lead the Bengals all the way just like he did LSU back in his college days.

3 Likes

Slept for a few hours and now watching the game.

Over 100.000 people in the stadium :exploding_head:

Half time show was awesome. Although I’m watching it in a room filled with 18/19 year old Airmen who didn’t even know who Dr Dre or Snoop Dogg are. I feel old.

3 Likes

So happy for Aaron Donald, especially getting the key sack. Best defensive player ever.

great drama but that was the worst superbowl i’ve ever seen quality wise.

the bengals are the worst team i’ve ever seen in a superbowl yet nearly won because of mcvay’s playcalling. rams should have won that by 15-20 points.

won £200 on the rams and i’m still fuming after that.

come back tom brady, all is forgiven. at least when he played we were watching greatness.

For the “worst team in Super Bowl yet”, I suppose you never watched the Impossibility which was their win against the supposed vastly superior KC? Did Sean McVay have a hand in that too?

When was the first Super Bowl you ever saw? As a game, I can name a couple of decades that didn’t have a better one.

1 Like

KC Chiefs were pretty embarrassing last year, weren’t they?

In what sense?

Third season in a row with 13 wins, first time that’s ever happened with a head coach in his first three years. Number one seed in the NFC. MVP season from their quarterback.

The only really embarrassing aspect of the season on the field was their special teams which cost them the divisional round and even then only on a walk off field goal. Off the field the Rodgers stuff pre-season wasn’t great and nor was the vaccine stuff with him in mid-season.

Should have gone further in the playoffs than they did but some key players on their roster were pretty beat up all season.

@rab if your replying to me I’ve corrected it to KC Chiefs. One of those moments.
Just talking about Super Bowls, not seasons otherwise I wouldn’t shut up about the Colts. lol

Ahhh, my bad. Got a bit touchy about my Packers there :smiley:

No, no you were correct to call me out. My brains fault, it can not remember anything correctly. Just started hitting keys before getting my facts right. :rofl:

1 Like

I bet his replacement at QB is thrilled…

This buyer will also be thrilled.

1 Like

I take it my criticism of him in the PL stung enough that he decided to come back to prove me wrong.

1 Like