The all-new NFL Thread

Pretty much nailed my feelings on it all.

The path to the Super Bowl in the AFC is way harder than the NFC right now and even the East is no gimmie for them with the Bills in there. Miami are no push over either if Tua stays healthy. Going to be really interesting to see how this plays out and how well he handles the adjustment having been in Green Bay for so long.

This is probably the most attention I’ve ever paid to a draft. TE does seem to be the obvious one in the 1st but they could surely trade down from 13 and still get one of those two guys. But if Jaxon Smith-Njigba is there at 13 I could see them taking him and doing a TE in round 2. Suspect he’s gone by then though, probably to the Texans one pick before. Definitely need to get Love some weapons though or they’re setting him up for a real tough season.

It’s Bangladesh :bangladesh: now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pre-season starting today, is it?

Colts vs. Bills later on. Or The Buff Billys, as I like to refer to them in public. Absolutely infuriates the local gammon.

:joy: i live right outside buffalo, and will from here on out refer to them as the buff billys. Go Bills!

Buffalo Bills Football GIF by Storyful

1 Like

Any of you ever go to NFL games? I was looking at Buffalo vs Miami on Oct 1st but resale tickets are starting ca $250. I’m in NYC from Oct 11th.

Are the prices more reasonable through the official channels?

I go to bills games, usually about 1 a year

Prices should drop the week of the game as resellers get nervous nobody will buy the ticket, although i usually go to cold weather games and those prices probably drop more than warm weather games as demand isn’t as high. It’s also a division game and Miami looks good, so that’s working against you as well. But i would think prices drop below 250 week of the game.

Also… I’m not sure where you are or how familiar you are with new york state, but buffalo is some 400 miles or so from NYC, so not super easy if that’s where you are

https://reddit.com/r/buffalobills/s/JlW639kakN

This thread is probably fairly accurate representation

https://reddit.com/r/buffalobills/s/AGCeMiwQDu

This one a bit old but still probably correct. Scalping tickets at game probably cheapest

Yeah, soz, should’ve been clearer. I’ve been in Buffalo the last year but I’m moving to NYC in October. I’d prefer to go to a Bills game at home but the Dolphins is probably my last chance before the move.

Thanks, anyway. I’ll keep an eye up to game day. If not, I’ll try for an away game later.

You can always head down to the lots and enjoy the spectacle on game day. Have some fun, and probably find tickets that are more reasonable than 250. If not, follow the crowd to one of the outdoor parties that has the game on and enjoy.

@Arminius
https://x.com/internetraj/status/1722591513316884936?s=20

:joy:

…and your point is what exactly?

That is one hell of a signal that it is going to be a long and tough legal fight: “I am not their lawyer, but I am a professor of law paid to write about this stuff…all day. For years”

Now the rest of the Big 10 might respect Northwestern (and Minnesota, also a top 20)

Referees in this league hate teams scoring. Anything that goes for more than 10 yards gets called back for the most innocuous of penalties.

Depends upon who they’ve bet on.

1 Like

I have a photo somewhere of me canoodling with a life sized Josh Allen cut out on a wedding dancefloor. I wonder where that is…

1 Like

Beautiful game last eve. I watched with my missus at a Bills bar in Brooklyn; me in my Hurts jersey, she in her Allen jersey. I was paying $5 per pint. She was paying $3 per pint.

Makes sense it would cost a few bucks more to watch Jalen win than it costs to watch Josh lose.

1 Like

Eagles have finally woken up today and this game is getting fiesty. Dre Greenlaw ejected from the game for the suplex on Devonte Smith and then making contact with Philadelphia’s head of security.

Philly then score a tush push TD and it got fiery again between Brown and Ward.

Lining up to be a fun final 20 minutes.

Opposition team are getting really tired of the tush push, there is just nothing they can do. You can see every week that teams are getting angrier and angrier in their failure to stop it.

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/eagles-tush-push-cal-rugby-coach-jack-clark-18525313.php

Found this article interesting, albeit I’m a newcomer to watching the game and certainly never played it, so it could be a load of shite.

As someone who only knows what I do about their football through osmosis, it’s something I dont understand the anger about, other than “we dont know how to stop it.” At least in front of the ball this seems like just textbook offensive line play. If there is an element to consider on the legality they could maybe address the maul like component of it where the rest of the backs come in behind Hurts to help drive him forward…the “Brotherly Shove”, but I know that is a recentish thing they explicitly allowed so they’ve have to balance that against what the reasons for changing the rule to allow it in the first place (which I dont know).