The all-new NFL Thread

Sort of sums it up though…

They’ve got a 4 minute version including backstory :joy:

https://x.com/andrewrsorkin/status/1757505600479547557?s=20

For context, Bostonians (“Massholes”) are famously loyal to Dunkin.

it’s amazing what money can do. just for fun, he made that.

I suspect Dunkin paid him very well for it ($100 or so in Dunkin gift cards)

10mil, apparently

Anyone watching the draft tonight? I’ll stay up until the wine takes effect.

1 Like

I’ll be watching but I’ve ignored all off season news in the NFL. Assuming Caleb Williams goes #1 but no idea what will happen after that.

I will stay up as long as I can, but I’ve been up since 06:30 and drinking since 13:30.

No surprises so far…

Although I’m not superstitious. I applied nail polish in honor of Caleb. Dream draft for my Bears thanks to Atlanta as I yelled Rome has fallen.

In my understated manner, I declare da Bears offense the greatest of all-time.

One issue: I don’t know how to remove the nail polish.

1 Like

Williams and Odunze should both do well for the Bears.

Pity they have an average offensive line and an “okay-ish” defence.

1 Like

Montez took that defense from okay to good. Da Bears do need another edge rusher though.

Way too many QBs early in this draft. Can’t remember the last draft with the 14 picks on the offensive side of the ball.

The rest of this draft is irrelevant. The Bears have won the Super Bowl. Start the games and formalities

1 Like

We got Jared Verse. Delighted with that.

1 Like

Good pick although he may be older than you with all due disrespect.

Im not a huge fan of the NFL, but I hate everything about the draft. Take the hype and hot takes of our transfer window and multiply it by 10.

I read the beginning of the piece from the Athletic that landed in my email this morning of Atlanta taking Penix in the first round calling it a shocking blunder that can already be called a bust. The reason? Because they already have Kirk Cousins…a 35 year old QB with a bad leg. Isnt this the textbook case of it making sense to look for a QB in the draft? One with high upside and who will be given time to get to grips with the demands of the NFL (exactly what the scouting book on Penix was)?

I get questioning taking the supposedly 5th best QB in the draft so high in the first round, but the speed to write off the move was pathetic. Absolutely everything I hate about this hot take league/culture

Raiders rolling Brock Bowers and Michael Mayer two TE system. Impossible to stop, absolutely steam-rolling our way to the Superbowl.

I started laughing because we got to Pick #7 and the analyst starts talking about “Why is JJ McCarthy still on the board?!” as though he was in a massive slide. The highest I saw him projected was 4th. They’re so desperate to get narratives out.

I feel another critical dissection of “Draft Day” coming on…

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ChicagoBears/status/1783680998951072208?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1783680998951072208|twgr^02044316606f24c904895f6ab1db7db2207e45d7|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-7479215882828785811.ampproject.net%2F2404091947000%2Fframe.html

This foreshadows my meeting @cynicaloldgit