The Anfield Noise Welcome thread

On mobile,

1. You can either highlight the part of the post you want to quote and a pop up comes to quote it. It gets incorporated in the message

2. Or you can select reply on the top right side, and then in your message reply box, select quote - first button at top left bar. The entire post gets included

4 Likes

Thanks lads.

On a tablet.

The quoting thing works. A bit clunky compared to the old site.
The reply button doesn’t include the quote for me. Maybe different on mobile.

1 Like

After hitting reply, you then have to hit the speech-bubble icon on the left-hand site of the toolbar (to the left of the bold and italics icons).

2 Likes

It’s also because a reply does not require a quote onthis forum.

It becomes semi threaded.

1 Like

Say wha?

I think I’ve got it now. Thanks again :+1:t3:

Thanks mate I got down to preferences but I don’t know if there is a list of Avatar pictures that I can download other than my photos?

1 Like

Finally made it here :partying_face: Thanks @Arminius

Looking forward to the new forum and defending our title this season. #YNWA

3 Likes

Forgot to say hi everyone and a big thanks to ISMF1 for sorting out my login issues and putting up with me being a noob!!!

Only been here the past 2 days and even though i miss the simplicity of TIA, getting used to TAN will come with time,i’m already loving quite a few aspects of this new site.

Salute to all the guys involved in putting in the time and effort setting up TAN.Thanks guys.

9 Likes

For Ex_Reds and Ex-Managers, they used to be under the “Other Football” category. Wonder if the topic (and ex- individual players, e.g. Gerrard) all lumped into a single Ex-Reds thread (to be created) rather than sub-categories under “Pitchside - Football Forum” category?

1 Like

Hello folks…

8 Likes

I’d say it’s more like reading the first chapter of a new novel by an author who you’ve enjoyed before, but they’ve changed their style enough for you to be a bit disoriented

3 Likes

Just glad to be allowed in without a disguise.

16 Likes

Looking at Alright Now’s post, there is one thing about this forum that I can already say I hope gets fixed. He has edited the post above, but I was able to click on the edit, to see what he has written prior to edit.

I really don’t like that. Most of us word ourselves in ways we regret from time to time, I really dislike that with this mechanism, every man and his dog can see what you have written prior to edit. That grinds me, I really think it unfair to force people to “live with their mistakes”, when you edit, it should be edited, and no one should be able to spy on what mistake you did, either grammatically or indeed if you really chose the wrong words, Don’t let people stand in a pillory for all time.

It is my strong opinion that moderators should alter this if possible.

Thanks to moderators for reading.

6 Likes

Quick! Edit!! Edit!! Edit!!

6 Likes

lol, so a grammar mistake managed to sneak in ! :smiley:
But yeah, I don’t think it is proper so to speak to force people to never be able to get rid of whatever idiotic thing they regret saying in a heated moment etc.
And obviously, grammar. :wink:

5 Likes

A forum without grammar police? Blasphemy.

2 Likes

Welcome to the clear side Scott

2 Likes

Suggestion taken on board, just changed the setting :wink:

4 Likes

Happy to hear it ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know why the owners of TIA shut down the forums. The forums were a direct avenue for me to read the main page and their articles. Absent the forums, I doubt I’ll be spending a lot of time on the TIA main page. They just lost a big source of traffic to the main site.

4 Likes