The Boxing and MMA thread

AJ at the weigh ins, embarrassing himself again.

:joy:

AJ is finished.

Gun shy yet again and looks scared to get hit.

Both fighters busted up now but it’s been a poor night of boxing on the whole.

Yeah the two fights beforehand were awful.

Gunshy is the word, if he lets his hands go he’d have this guy ko’d already.

Well, that’ll do it.

Brutal finish.

Wtf is he doing going out the ring and celebrating? Idiot.

great ko but he shouldn’t be celebrating that performance.

more bizarre behaviour from him afterwards, i worry about his mental state.

Probably knows this might be his last KO, especially on home soil.

It’s coz he hasn’t gotten that big money offer from
Chelsea yet, feeling left out

Low blow on Usyk or not? Questionable I think.

Still think Fury would box his head off.

https://twitter.com/boxingkingdom14/status/1695565102400102805?s=46&t=Tk6buFVfyHeITdfFRWCVMg

Seems conclusive?

This makes it conclusively different.

Disclaimer: I don’t care much about boxing, but a still alone from a single angle is never conclusive when talking about a movement.

https://twitter.com/thestaveros/status/1695572327952466006/photo/1

Most people from professional boxing (who are not heavily biased) say that it was a low punch…

As for high trunks, Usyk’s always seem perfectly fine to me, from the fights I’ve seen from him.

To give an example, look at Fury’s trunks in the Wilder II or III fight, at times they were almost up to his tits! Although they do tend to fall off a bit as the fight goes on, due to his belly.

Haven’t yet seen the fight or highlights for that matter (as waiting for TNT to show the replay later this week).

Usually anything around the waistband is deemed low but not an illegal blow which is what that looks like to me….you see it happen all the time, some fighters carry on…others will play on it and take some recovery time which the ref will allow you to have.

The rematch up in 10.

Rooting for Smith to finally put an emphatic end to the parody that is Chris Eubank’s son.

Not going well this, got Eubank 8 rounds up…Smith has done absolutely nothing and let Eubank dictate the fight.

Pretty dismal display from Smith. Best years behind him but expected him to put up a better showing than that, was absolutely dominated for ten rounds.

Most embarrassing display of the night goes to Spivac though. Couldn’t even lay a glove on Gane. 109 strikes to 11, a crazy mismatch at that level.

Just watched the replay of the fight, because I couldn’t on Saturday. That was so bad from Smith that it was probably obvious for most of us early on that something just wasn’t right with him. Shame when a fight is so one sided due to certain circumstances, without them being the total excuse.

Zhang has absolutely battered Joyce…again. In double quick time, sent into retirement.

Quite a demise for Joyce. Was a good prospect at one point, rated him quite highly myself. Outclassed twice by somebody who isn’t that special himself, used to brush off some heavy blows but seems like his jaw has turned to glass now.