The Boxing and MMA thread

1 Like
2 Likes

Dan Miragliotta was the referee for Oliveira vs Chandler this weekend too. Lesser refs would have stopped Oliveira in the first round before his incredible comeback.

1 Like

Joshua vs Fury looks like it has finally been signed for the summer.

1 day later a ruling from the US orders Fury to fight Wilder again before September.

Fuck the fuck off.

6 Likes

Honestly, Wilder should just use it as leverage to guarantee a fight against the winner. That way he only needs to fight once to get all the belts (unless there’s another mandatory challenger for any of them? - god I hate this set up).

“One of the most spectacular headers we’ve seen”

“That might be one of the most craziest headers I’ve seen in my life”
Quote on quote

A special mention to Josh Taylor, who has become the first British boxer to unify all four belts at any weight class in the four-title era.

3 Likes

Instant classic last night :ok_hand:

2 Likes

John Fury talks absolute shite for the most part but he was right about how Tyson should have just vacated the belt and fucked off this fight against Wilder in favour of the big money showdown with AJ, it was an absolute mauling last time and I expect Tyson to box his head off again and finish him even quicker this time around.

Anyone seen the Poirier vs McGregor presser?
Only managed to sit through a couple of minutes. I never liked McGregor but I acknowledged his trash talk at least packed a punch. This was embarrassing. Looked gassed just trying to think of something clever to say.

Poirier delivered the best line. Hopefully he knocks him out again and sends him into the boxing exhibition circuit for good.

Excellent shithousery

1 Like

Never seen something more classless than that.

McGregor was at one time considered as an Irish icon, wrong side of the tracks doing good etc.
But that just disguised the thuggishness, the nastiness and the classless arrogance that is his reality.
His comments were moronic and Poirier should have smacked his toerag head off the cage when he made them.
Classless cunt McGregor.

2 Likes

Im bored of all his trash talk. Half his strategy has been to get in the heads of the opponent pre fight and now that’s no longer working and he’s just raising the trash talk. He’s also not motivated by MMA anymore, just the money. Fair play to him for doing well financially, but he’s just becoming boring

But, I don’t think for a second Porier is upset by it. He knows that with the ankle break he’s just set himself up for another big payday.

Gane is going to be a real problem for Ngannou when they eventually fight, kind of reminds me a bit of a heavyweight version of Adesanya. Would love to see a fight between him and Jon Jones if he ever comes back into the fold.

Lad!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Literally hours after being inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame. That heavyweight debut might be put on hold then.

Don’t think that will stop them.

I mean this is the same organisation that permitted Mike Tyson to return to fight after biting a chunk out of someone’s ear twice.