The Boxing and MMA thread

It’s the pace he sets too. Relentless pressure. Gaethje needed one of those big punches to really rock him to slow him down but he’s got an iron chin too. Apparently Khabib had a broken foot as well, the guy is a mentality monster.

As for Whittaker, he’s now won 11 of his last 12, is 29 and only loss in that time is Adesanya. Why he was being written off is beyond me. Great fighter to watch, mixes in a bit of everything. Still the best contender at that weight for now.

Lightweight needs a little tournament style set up now to determine the champion, there are loads of great fights to be made there. Wonder if that can tempt Conor back into the mix, think he can beat everyone in that division.

2 Likes

GSP, Khabib and Anderson Silva would be on my UFC Mount Rushmore. Debate to be had around who would be the fourth.

Matt Hughes or maybe Royce Gracie is a sensible pick but i’m biased towards Chuck.

Jon Jones without a doubt, he has the best ‘resume’ of any MMA fighter.

1 Like

Yeah,i couldn’t remember Jon’s surname.

1 Like

Edwards vs Chimaev announced for December. Probably the most intriguing fight left this year, I can’t wait to see just how good both fighters are. A convincing win for either gives them a strong shout for a title shot. Chimaev, if he’s as good as we all think he might be, could be the one fighter in the division who is a terrible match up for Usman.

1 Like

Can’t help but be bored shitless with the heavyweights,if only we had more Usyk’s to watch.

1 Like

Is the location confirmed?

Not sure. Just saw on Facebook that AJ confirmed the fight.

It’ll be live from Eddie Hearns living room.

3 Likes

Oh go on then!

1 Like

Anyone got a link to the boxing?

Really looking forward to the fight tonight. I want to see a proper dust up but mostly I want to see a Joshua win so we finally get the fight we seem to have been waiting for at least five years for.

Pulev’s in trouble here in round 3. Joshua’s fucking him up.

Pulev coming back into it rounds 4-5.

Joshua getting sloppy. Much closer than it should be heading into round 8.

Joshua knocks him out in the 9th. Great finish.

Next up Fury!

1 Like

Holloway masterclass tonight

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this fight,should be fucking awesome.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t Everton MMA FC calendar be on show in this thread…