The Corona Pandemic

The latest data on the government dashboard.

One week on…

@Kopstar it’s encouraging that infections have fallen, but I think, with good reason, we’re about to see an almighty upswing when the data from ‘freedom day’ hits.

Yep, almost certainly but I doubt it will hit record levels and it certainly won’t result in record hospitalisations in the next seven weeks.

I dunno. Suddenly hardly anyone wearing masks anywhere, and hardly any social distancing and safety measures. I still think it’s quite possible we’ll have Lockdown 4 before the year is out.

Quite possible as we hit Winter, I agree. But that’s a different point.

Looking at the data, is it possible that the reduced number of daily tests (10.1% down week on week) might be responsible in part, for some of the reduction in positive tests (21.5% down week on week)?

Possibly, but you’d expect the reduction in testing misses out largely the asymptomatic in any event.

1 Like

Right, so the number of tests might be down because fewer people are exhibiting symptoms ergo they don’t need/take a test, and not vice versa?

2 Likes

I wonder how Darwin feels about all this.

£5 says it will be 4th Nov. Again :frowning:

And on the 3rd of November Boris will be insisting it’s not happening.

Yep, you can write the script.

1 Like

131 deaths reported in the UK today. First time since 23 March there has been over 100 daily deaths reported.

Number of cases detected continues to go down (7th consecutive daily reduction), for now.

Ffs! Just ordered my test pack.

Due to order mine later this week. Fingers crossed it won`t be needed.

I wonder how much of the current dip in cases in the UK is down to the fact that we are no longer testing children in school?

Encouraging that it is dropping however, I just hope it is a real drop and not an anomaly in testing rates / figures rather than actual infections. I do appreciate that there will always be some disparity though, symptomatic etc.

2 Likes

It’s bleakly fascinating that the front page of the Telegraph this morning goes with a declaration that Covid is all over. Not a dickie bird on the increased death rates.

That’s incredibly irresponsible.

One positive, however, is that the UK reached the milestone of 70% of all adults fully vaccinated at the end of last week.

5 Likes

I see that the government is to review the rules to get to the UK. Now they have that strange policy that someone who got his 2 jabs of AstraZeneca by the NHS walks in the UK and can go about his business but I who got his 2 jabs of AstraZeneca by the Dutch NHS has to go in quarantine.

Do they think that we get the inferior stuff in the Netherlands and the rest of the world … :stuck_out_tongue: