The Cricket Thread

Well the cricket’s getting tasty. England did well to bowl Sri Lanka out for 126 leaving a chase of 164 to win the match and series.

Cruising at 62-1 and then 84-2 we’ve now lost Root and Lawrence in short order to leave us 89-4, still 75 runs needed.

:scream:

1 Like

This game escalated quickly tuned in to see what was happening and I saw England batting I thought it was a rain delay and a repeat

Dare I say this is good by Butler and Sibley

1 Like

Good partnership to close the game.

1 Like

We still haven’t lost the touch of throwing away wickets after getting settled. WI is awful though.

1 Like

Landing the ball in the groundsman’s pot a paint, a true TMS golden moment.

1 Like

Windies either need to play with their full strength team or not play cricket. Sending half baked teams is an injustice to the fans who want to watch cricket.

2 Likes

The cricket team waa alright i reckon. Yeah paine got some egg on his face but majority of the guys are likable. Not like past aussie sides.

1 Like

Watching a test match, Pakistan vs. South Africa, after a long time. Pretty enjoyable.

2 Likes

Might have watched the fow atleast if sonyliv was telecasting.

1 Like

The sa vs pak match is shaping up well though… If sa can manage to keep a 200 lead now. It might make a match out of it.

And talking about the windies. I see the likes of Sunil narine who should be playing for the windies team instead landing up to play some 10 over inninngs game in the gulf.

If this isnt taking the piss , dunno what is.

Predictions for the india vs england series anyone ?

I do think england have a chance btw. To put it simply , india arent as good as playing spin as what they were.

Whether england have the spinners to get the indian batsmen in trouble remains to be seen.

I do think there will be a tough fight in the first two tests though.

1 Like

England don’t have the spinners to trouble anyone really. Not sure what the team will be with all this chopping and changing so it’s hard to say. India will be pumped after Australia though.

1 Like

All going to be about the bowling attacks given the conditions. Our pace might nick a few in the morning sessions but the long afternoons on slow flat pitches belong to the spinners. A department in which we are not over furnished with quality products.

Have really enjoyed the last few series against India, really good scraps. Hoping for more of the same. And Root going utterly run-tastic.

Indian quick bowling is pretty alright now too though. Chennai will be a spinner’s wicket in all probability though. The first two tests. Not sure how the new stadium in Ahmedabad will behave for the last 2 tests.

I can’t see England winning a single test against India in India. The only caveat to that is the Ben Stokes factor. But he’ll need to be particularly inspired, I think, if we’re going to beat India and that’s a big ask for someone who’s played so little cricket recently.

1 Like

Looking forward to the India v England series. Also read that it might end up on terrestrial telly (channel 4) too. Some very early mornings coming right up.

1 Like

I feel sorry for him. If I’d been away from my wife for as long as they have, I’d have a sprained wrist too.

Slipped whilst leaving the changing rooms, yeah right.

5 Likes