The Cricket Thread

Is it really possible to sustain such an injury through excessive masturbation as you imply?
Asking for a friend.

2 Likes

Like you wouldn’t know. Not that I’m calling you a wanker. Ok, maybe I am. So am I.

3 Likes

Cricket thread just got interesting.

No Way What GIF

1 Like

just A friend?

I might be wrong, but I bet many would be more probable :rofl:

1 Like

It’s always been interesting you Philistine.

2 Likes

Considering his scores it wouldn’t be much different if he went out with a strained wrist

Back to cricket. Lovely innings by Joe there. Shame that Sibley fell at the end. It’s advantage England, but not that much in it. If India have a good first session they could still have England all out for under 350 and that would be below par on this pitch. Alternatively, if Root and Stokes are still there at lunch a big score is on. I wish England’s spinners filled me with more confidence.

Bloody hell. We make Gabriel look like Ambrose.

Excellent first day, root anchoring the inning nicely. Power to come, would like to see 500 and them batting after tea tomorrow.

England will win all 4 tests and it will be a whitewash.

Sakib got injured in the first innings. But don’t think he will be missed much. This is a truly crap Windies team. Great innings by Mominul, captain’s knock.

Getting to third in England’s test run scoring list and to his double century with a six in his 100th test makes Joe Root a phenomenon. His fielding and spin bowling skills will now help to seal at least a draw for England. Whether his captaincy can inspire the other bowlers to take twenty Indian wickets in less than three days, is a huge open question. Do that and you cement your position as the greatest English cricketer of the last 25 years.

2 Likes

Cracking day’s cricket again, excellent all round from England. Good to see the ball starting to move a little too, should stop them getting 700-3.

1 Like

England in a strong position of course, but that Indian batting lineup is scary. The draw seems most likely

Seven wickets remaining, will be over by lunch tomorrow. :clap:

Was running through an England best 11 in my time of paying attention today. 1992 was when I discovered TMS so going from there till now:

Cook
Strauss
Vaughn
Root
Pieterson
Stokes
Stewart
Freddie
Swann
Broad
Anderson

Stewart gets in over Butler and Bairstow as he was a better keeper IMHO and had a better test average. I’d have Mark Wood as 12th man. Archer might be the better bowler but he has to prove it repeatedly at test level. If we needed a second spinner, I’d go with Ashley Giles. Not a strike bowler but perfectly capable of locking up an end. Vaughn’s captin I think.

1 Like

Root’s just caught a worldie at cover and Bess is bowling well. 73-4 still over 500 runs behind!

Great opportunity for the plucky Pant to show the world more of his mettle. Pujara isn’t going to throw his wicket away either. These two are a match for the English fielding side in terms of spirit.

Nicksplat Thanksgiving GIF by Hey Arnold

Starting to experience Hubris?

2 Likes