The Cricket Thread

Blimey! Unbelievable stuff from the Yorkies.

3 Likes

Im going admit… I wouldn’t have picked Jonny Bairstow for the test series before a ball was bowled against WI.

Anyhow 119 … new ball in 23 overs the morning is going be interesting as effectively there are these 2 and Stokes and perhaps Billings.

1 Like

First 10 overs will be crucial. If these two are still in with 80 or so needed you’d have to be confident. If India get one or two out, it’s going to look tricky.

1 Like

Yorkies to the rescue!!

Spot on!

England easy win now. Mentality chasing monsters.

1 Like

119 needed, walk in the park. England on fire and not before time.

I just have this suspicion that England will cruise to be on the brink of victory, them lose a quick wicket, Stokes will go very cheaply and there will be a bit of panic with the tail enders. England will still won though but it won’t be the convincing win we are looking at right now.

Just a wild guess. And something I’d enjoy if I’m honest.:kissing_heart:

Bairstow will go in the first over. Stokes will hit two sixes and hole out in the deep. Root and the tail will scratch their way towards the target until Root falls with ten needed. The winning runs will be four leg byes off Leach’s arse.

Typical England. Hope Bazball can make a lasting impact

Don’t want to jinx it but we are literally walking this!!

1 Like

Wow. Did it by midday and win by 7 wickets. That’s just nuts.

2 Likes

All down to the players, never about the manager, captain and mindset………

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

1 Like

England in the boom part of the cycle. :wink:

Wish we were playing the Aussies next.

Unbelievable performance by England, especially the Yorkies. Root maybe overtaking Gower as my favourite ever England batsman.

1 Like

The biggest lol is of course that Bairstow only played one game in the last Ashes.

EDIT: Games 3 and 4.

I made it not happen by predicting it.

All expressions of gratitude welcome.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :sunglasses:

you were saying ?

anyway , well done England.

1 Like