The Cricket Thread

JA now joins a group of only 6 cricketers in the history of tests who’ve taken 100 wickets, scored 1000 runs and taken 100 catches. Record setting summer.

1 Like

Cold comfort tbh

India giving England a chance back. 350 isn’t safe on this wicket and it’s not a guarantee that India will reach that target.

They need 16 more with 4 wickets left.

You take pessimism to new levels my chum :wink:

1 Like

I’m an Indian cricket fan.

Supporting the best team in the world with unlimited resources of talent.

What do you think it’s like for the rest of us?

History scarred me for life.

I’ll be at the England v India T20 on Thurs evening - should be fun times!

1 Like

Welcome to Stoke’s Test Format, chasey chasey :slight_smile:

As long as it’s not throw away wickety

…and you think other teams don’t have their tales of woe? Have you seen England’s collapses over the years? Their abilty to have a team 50-5 and then 500 all out? I bet every country has those stories.

What about NZ’s heartbreak finals? The West Indies’ plummet from world beaters to also rans? Pakistan’s perpetual swings from brilliance to incompetence? Small countries like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh eternally struggling to keep up?

Relax and enjoy the great team that you have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Going swimmingly, Anderson will come in with 10 needed, written in the stars.

This new era is going to bring more fans to test cricket. These games have been brilliant so far.

3 Likes

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

2 Likes

There goes Crawley, expecting the wheels to come off now. The lad did his job for a change I guess

1 Like

Bloody knew it! Pope gone for a duck.

Crawley has gone the other extreme, leaving everything on the off and getting castled

1 Like

Predicting the England top 3 to be out quickly isn’t even a prediction at all. As always, this is about whether Root, Bairstow and Stokes can get 250 runs between them and then hope that the tail can pick up the remaining 13.

Wtf is wrong with Kohli?

Gone the way of Morgan?

Not sure on the review