The Cricket Thread

Perhaps not​:grin::grin:

Bazball taking a bit of a pounding at the moment

1 Like

If you have faith in BAZball, you have to take the rough with the smooth. Personally, given the time available, i’d have batted with the idea of not getting out.

1 Like

Live by the sword and then be prepared to fall on it.

Rather a team continue to play that than to defend and then get invariably out.

Fwiw… I don’t think bazball will work in codnitions where the pitch increasingly supports bowling last.

Who opens of you drop Crawley? No one banging down the door. Assuming we do not go back.

Suppose you think long term … as at the moment a bloke with a limp and one eye could last longer at the crease.

Question is, is he trying to adapt or is it a lost cause?

I’d setup a simple edict in English cricket. Whoever has the highest average and best bowling figures at the end of the county season automatically makes the test team for the winter and following summer. Would shake things up a bit.

Anderson and Broad’s days are (very sadly) numbered. So glad I got to see them live yesterday, masters of their arts but the curtain is coming and the wings are dry.

1 Like

Sadly Wood, Archer, Mahmood are all injured

If somebody can explain to me why England and SA are not playing an ODI tomorrow for the fans, I’d appreciate it.

That would have been a nice picture of the ground…

If that old bloke wasn’t blocking the view :frowning:

1 Like

Something that can and should be done if matches finish in 3 days.

Atleast day 5 can and should be used as a T20/odi. There will be players in the bench that can use the match practice as well as more importantly benefit the fans who’ve purchased tickets for day 4/5.

1 Like

Day 4 is a bit of a gamble anyhow, Day 5 should not be sold before there is some inclination that there is a day 5. ECB have got greedy on games in London

2 Likes

Good day with the ball and Crawley survived til close 111-3 in response is good but I won’t be expecting a massive lead.

Nicely set up. Lots of ways it could go.

Well, three.

2 Likes

England all out for 150 odd, SA pile up a massive score, England slog their way to victory. England all out for 150 odd, SA pile up a massive score, England all out for 120.
England all out for 250, SA get 300, England knock them off with ease. England all out for 250, SA get 300, England all out for 50. England score 600, SA all out for 100 etc etc etc

Seriously? When I wrote ‘ways it could go’, I meant directions the narrative of the game might take, not only the final result.
Not sure why you wanted to misunderstand that.

Rigged the day to have the afternoon off. Hello pub and cricket :slight_smile:

Family in London doing dance things. Meanwhile:

2 Likes

When will Stokes let loose?