The Cricket Thread

Someone always has to come and suck the fun out some pommie bashing by bringing logic and Englands greatest player into the mix :wink:

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

Archer should definitely forget test cricket. Earn his money in the franchise leagues and play the world cups.

Foakes being dropped is an absolutely ridiculous decision. Apparently all that talk about backing players is only relevant to a certain Kent opener, can’t think why.

I always think of Micah Richards when people say 5-0.

God knows why maybe he is the pundit where logic and common sense doesn’t come into it.

Be Patient Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves :sunglasses:

Exactly!

“Pundit” is from a Hindi word which means teacher or expert at something.

Micah is only expert at that ridiculous whiny guffaw of his.

2 Likes

Would you be interested in £10 to charity on who wins the Ashes?

Sure, bring it on

£10 to Brain Tumour UK for me, what’s yours?

Battersea Cats & Dogs Home will be mine

1 Like

Sean Abbott providing some decent Friday night entertainment there. 100 from 34 balls equalling the Blast record.

Averaged 11 in T20s with a high score of 41 before this evening. Madness.

Just batted for an hour for a solid and game changing 3. Saw off their openers though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are Geoff Boycott and I claim my five pounds.

1 Like

I’ve never understood why people get so upset when a batsman decides to dig in and protect their wicket at all cost.

It may not be sexy, but if the bowlers aren’t capable of drawing a batsman out, then they need to reconsider their tactical approach and field placements

6 Likes

Not much of a test at all for England so far today. A far cry from the last time Ireland turned up to Lords for a test match.

Thought Tounge looked promising despite going wicketless.

At least something was posted.

Expect England to bat for a day and a bit and this test to be over by lunch Saturday.

Feels like a 100 is there for whoever wants it. Pretty flat pitch, sun is supposed to be out all day tomorrow.

Roses T20 to watch this evening. Lancashire have an international quality batting line up. A couple of guns in the Yorkshire team but they look a lot weaker without their English contingent.

I wouldn’t be opening with Crawley against the Aussies.

Walking wicket

Exactly. Creepy got 50 on a flat track against a minor counties standard attack and 12 of those were streaky inside edges.
That’ll convince Ben and Baz to keep him all summer. I’d rather see Foakes opening to be honest.

2 Likes

Yes please. Crawley’s technique is so easy to get through.

Also the volume of strapping that was on Bairstow’s repaired leg…why would you put that through the stress of wicket-keeping.

Take out Crawley, stick Johnny in as an opener and give Foakes his spot back. Sorted.