The Cricket Thread

I’m sorry. Doing that on the very first delivery without knowing how much bounce is in the pitch is not very smart. Fine. Be aggressive. But at least see what’s happening in the pitch.

In any case, I’m happy for them taking some risks like that :wink:

230 will be enough for the Poms. One of the best balls I’ve ever seen from Pat.

Top three need to sort themselves out (Crawley’s 60 in the first innings notwithstanding). Poor return from them. Granted Pope got an absolute Jaffa from Cummins

1 Like

You may think it’s crazy but it has put you under pressure, playing follow ball in the field… and he has not got out doing it!

Duckett’s shot wasn’t great but it was a very good catch.

Loving this. as you can imagine.

Live by the sword…

Now Ben needs to clam down.

“We’ve got a review for Australia”. VAR switches on England rig mode

You sound like a Liverpool fan :wink:

Expect England to be brave with another declaration, but really I think this is a situation for common sense to prevail. The pitch still hasn’t really deteriorated at all and the likelihood is the main spinner isn’t going to be able to bowl that much. Don’t think you’d want to risk going 1-0 down heading to Lords where Australia if memory serves have a really good record. Commentators seem to be suggesting they want to bat 60 overs, think they’d need at minimum a 300 lead which still looks really far away.

Pretty scratchy innings that from Bairstow. Didn’t play with his usual conviction.

And now Stokes gone. Might need some magic from the nighthawk here, Aus firm favourites now.

Huge partnership here. This is the difference between offering Aus a very attractive target or a good 30 mins to an hour making it start to look quite daunting

Tbf, football refs are nowhere near as bad as this. A fucking nick off the toe of the bat showing a long flat noise on snicko? Absolutely fuck off. The decision may have been correct given ball tracking but that is absolutely no excuse. The onfield umps gave some shocking decisions against us in the first innings as well.

Ooof. These commentators have gone from fapping themselves silly to suddenly being worried there aren’t enough runs. In a single over! You do love to see it!

I know he takes wickets but I would have brought on Hazlewood here and just gone at Ollie. Lyon is amazing but I would rather see us really put some thoughts into the tail enders’ minds.

Are you listening to TV commentary or TMS?

Using that for the final review:

Sad Laid Back GIF by Hollyoaks

Here’s the dichotomy. Set them a target they can get and watch them die trying or bat on knowing we won’t have enough time to bowl out a team dedicated to defence. I’m a shit batsman but I can stay in and be an obdurate bastard.

1 Like

TV commentary. Pieterson so incredibly complimentary to everything England is doing. Now he’s suddenly worried.

Well I guess its Pieterson. The Saffa.

Get TMS on :slight_smile:

Thinking about it, what time is it for you? Are you way too late to bed or up way too early?

1 Like

I thought he was in Kent or some down on the South East Coast

He is such a strange bloke. Unbearable to listen to at times. Can we please sacrifice his half hour commentary stints for more Ponting and Sangakkara.