The Cricket Thread

A lot of pressure on these two due to the stupidity yesterday.

Stokes’ form is a big concern

Brook now, it beggars belief.

Braindead. Doing that twice in an over.
Baby Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Geoffrey is not happy

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Would be amazed if Broad lasts more than 10 balls against this tactic

1 Like

What was Brook doing? The ball was going down the leg side FFS!! Just let it go by!

Yeah, it’s not even funny anymore. It’s the Ashes ffs! We want to win, don’t care how to be honest.

Wag tail, WAG!

With Lyon being injured, all the batters had to do was bide their time. Wear the aussies down and cash in when they get tired, or resort to bowling the likes of Smith. Brainless cricket.

It’s hard to see how England win the test from here, they’ll have to bowl out of their skins. That bet on Australia I put on after the first 15 overs is looking a good one.

1 Like

The worst shot of the lot.

That WinViz predictor has to be pissed.

Win viz had England at 52% compared to Aussies 39%, think we can safely put that in the bin,

Shot Johnny, just what was needed.

Yes, on top of everything else, it’s such a wasted opportunity.
As much as this approach is fun when it works, it’s excruciating when it doesn’t.

It’s over for England now.

1 Like

Yeah with the situation you’ve got to pause some times.

Don’t have an issue with the openers going out and playing what they were generally aimed at doing but some of the older heads have been found wanting here.

1 Like

I’d love to be in the company of a certain Yorkshire gentleman right now. Such a shame he’s not on commentary any more :frowning:

2 Likes

Has a team ever came back from 2-0 down to win a 5 test series?

This approach is based on the erroneous idea that only big hitting is entertaining. In fact, a stubborn defence and scrapping can be just as exhilarating. If Stokes and Brook had battled to lunch, only scoring 60 odd, no England fan would have complained. That’s what Test cricket, and especially the Ashes, is all about.
Unfortunately, I’m not optimistic that McCullum is able to admit that he needs to change things.

:roll_eyes:

I don’t get this fascination of “entertainment” We’ll be entertained by winning thanks very much.

1 Like

Pathetic from England, lost 5 wickets for 47 runs. That’s not a test match side.

3 Likes