The Cricket Thread

Lost 9 wickets for 137

Bazball lol

Watch Australia knock up an easy 300 now then skittle England out for 190

1 Like

OK I realise Lyon in general is a big loss, particularly for us in England’s second innings, but its not like Australia don’t have another decent spin option in the team without him. Its even less of an issue with a 91 run lead.

As for the series, the good thing is that Australia actually have a number of excellent spinners who just cant get into the team because of the brilliance of Lyon. I actually see this as a lovely opportunity to glimpse into the future for a bit.

I just want these two openers to wear Broad out a bit. Don’t care if we sit on 2 runs for half a day. Just sap the energy out of Broad and go from there and get the pie chucker on.

From the BBC comments:

‘A lot of what’s been said on here this morning, both for and against England’s approach, has been very fair. What I find more worrying is the ‘beyond reproach’ / ‘never complain, never explain’ mentality of the dressing room. It feels like any sort of criticism of poor strokes and dropped catches is packaged up as ‘anti-Bazball’ by the team and its advocates. I think we’d all draw comfort from a bit of introspection from Stokes acknowledging that the execution hasn’t quite been there, rather than this interminable ‘it’s how we play’ justification.’

Spot on

2 Likes

Would be great if they’d do the right thing and nick one of these

1 Like

There can be Bazball without being totally stupid. Calling for England to go into their shell isn’t right either, the way we’ve been playing is great. Just don’t play at every short ball when the Aussies have 3 men on the hook catching.

1 Like

I’m actually cheering on Warner that he can survive this.

angry get ready GIF

Anybody know how Cummins got his shiner?

From a champagne cork celebrating the inevitable series win

Hit by a ball fielding yesterday. Had to go off for a concussion check.

Ricky Ponting’s hair :flushed:.

Morgan trying to justify the batting with Ponting’s segment. The difference with being aggressive (Ponting) and being excessive (Bazball) is vast. Ponting took it to bowlers but I don’t think he ever went out there swinging at every ball.

2 Likes

England been kissed on the dick with the weather across the two tests. Jesus.

Seriously, you’re winning by a mile and you still moan?
Just enjoy it. I would.

3 Likes

The irony of the convicts calling us “whinging Poms”…

1 Like

It’s no surprise mate - it’s England. Always shite weather here when you need it to be nice.

Can Of Worms Meme GIF by Hyper RPG

About Anderson’s straightforward catch. If you’ve ever stood there, had a batsman middle it straight at you and not hit the deck in terror, you’re doing well.

1 Like

Yep. I was fine as a youngster playing with the training balls or the classic electric tape tennis ball - the second the proper ball was brought out I decided cricket wasn’t the game for me!

Easy. Just stating facts. :kissing_heart: There’s been a lot of dick kissing. Fact!

Maybe round your way.

Are you trying to claim some weather conspiracy?

It’s weird to be moaning when you are winning so easily. Have you ever heard of class?