The Cricket Thread

Oh no Stokesy. Hell of an effort.

Again, we need a miracle.

2 Likes

Broady…take charge mate…

1 Like

Robinson…slowly slowly…2’s n 3’s

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bbctms/status/1675493333974634497?t=1baDhecppMEe3-lVzGO5Og&s=19

Tap n run…chip at em

Well that should be that. Robinson could have given himself some time there, not sure why he came out swinging for the fences. Milk another 20 or so, get it down to 50 and have them panic a bit again instead of just giving it away.

1 Like

That first innings lead looks to be the difference.

2 Likes

Oh dear…what happend to chip n run

Too many silly mistakes this test from England.

Hard to see England turning this series around from 2-0 down.

1 Like

We live in hope

Might not be wise to run down at Starc Jimmy

Bide ya time Jimmy…next game…you’ll probably be bowling against him…no violence intended…just plain fast bowling…well fastish…

Finally…

My streams 40 seconds behind :face_with_peeking_eye:

Cheers Jimmy, absolute legend. Bye Jimmy, enjoy commentary. Sad to see, like watching Gerrard’s motor burn out.

1 Like

This has been far closer and simple errors from established hands are arguably the key difference.

That wasn’t out yesterday and that was out today (spirit of the game died decades ago), Bairstow needs to be better than that. At the moment I’m not sure what keeps Foakes out frankly.

Ali for Ahmed the only change to the squad then. Not sure why Lawrence continues to get in ahead of Foakes.

Woakes and Wood have to come in for me. If Pope is injured then would assume Ali comes in for him and Stokes should move to 3.

1 Like

I find it interesting that most of the English commentators don’t have a major problem with the Carey stumping, and that its really just stokes, the English players and McCullum that have the biggest problem with it. All this talk helps to conveniently distract from shining the spotlight on their ‘Bazball’, and is a convenient excuse for the loss.

The anger might actually help them in the next test like it did for Stokes, and I think this new animosity will help a number of the Aussie players as well. For some, this friendly friendly relationship just never fit their skin, for instance, Smith. I don’t think he’s ever come across as friends with England (as opposed to, say, Lyon).

I mean he is still getting ribbed for crying on TV ( not sure why he got upset. Should have just smiled and said ’ now I’m one of the boys).

I’m really looking forward to this next test now. Make or break for England, and I’m still not discounting my original prediction of 3-2 Australia. Though I hope we go 3-0 up first for my heart.

2 Likes

Australia and cricket. Cheats pure and simple. There’s nothing likeable about them. Arrogant as well.

Stokes wonderful innings. Brilliant all round. A shame he doesn’t play for NZ.

2 Likes

Have only just seen the Bairstow dismissal, and not sure why people are getting so upset with it. It is exactly the same as Trent’s quickly taken corner vs Barca.

1 team spotted the other team not staying focused and took advantage of it. Or were we in the wrong in that game?

1 Like