The Cricket Thread

I told him, but he pretended not to care.

No doubt secretly watching videos of the winning shot on repeat though.

1 Like

Yep bazball is a player philosophy, not a style of cricket. It’s never about going out there and playing big shots constantly. It’s about going out there and playing without inhibition. The big problem I have with Bazball is how compatible it is with self reflection and lessons learned. It’s fine going and playing cricket with no regrets, but are you learning from dismissals or are you going to make the same mistakes again and again?

Players like Smith and Marnus may go in the other direction too far: tweaking their style of play after every dismissal to try and ensure they don’t get out the same way, but even that results in sometimes players losing site of what made them great. It certainly hasn’t worked for either of those Aussies this series but there is surely a middle ground of playing without inhibition but also reflecting on modes of dismissal.

1 Like

Still feels like these two will need to get the majority of them. Don’t leave too many for Bairstow and Woakes to have to get.

Promoting Moeen was a strange decision. Would much rather have had him towards the end potentially taking on the spinner and an older ball. If they wanted to give somebody a bit of a free hit to get a quick twenty or so they would have been better off sending in any of the bottom three.

1 Like

How’s your luck, a crap ball to get out to. Need the yorkies to take us home now.

Infuriating :face_with_peeking_eye:

Michael Vaughan, ‘I’m calm unless Stokes gets out in the next 10mins…’

1 Like

I would settle for 2 Boycotts taking the next 3 sessions to get the runs but no doubt it will be over today…

Bairstow batting like he’s never held a cricket bat in his life

2 Likes

That’s a crap shot from Bairstow.

A lot of pressure on young Brook now.

1 Like

So frustrating.

All on Brook now.

I’d say thats the ashes

Good leave from Woakes first up

Aus favourites

Bookies paying out evens atm, feels like a solid bet.

Probably time to drop Bairstow?

Been shit behind wicket and with bat

2 Likes

Woakes needs to calm himself down. No need to be launching the bat at everything like he currently is.

1 Like

Selecting him as the keeper has proven to be disastrous. Seems crazy to me to have backed him following a really bad leg break without having a good look at how he was moving behind the stumps, clearly lost a lot of the spring and speed he had previously. Would have had no problem if he was in purely as a batsmen given he had an unbelievable year or so before hand.

Brainless shot with 20 needed…:rage:

1 Like

Wood and Woakes left to battle it out for the MOTM award. Please knock off these 20. :grimacing:

2 Likes

But could have easily been brainless fielding had they dropped that catch.