The Cricket Thread

Loving this, Roy destroying them.

1 Like

Steve Harmison on TS2 commentary “He was trying to get there but just not much going on between his legs” Not quite leg-over but still funny. 73-4

T20 is rubbish really, but I still watch it. Somehow the result doesn’t matter as much which makes it more relaxing than proper cricket.

1 Like

It’s certainly more fun to play. Not so much watch.

:joy:

2 Likes

I’ve played 20 over cricket in the UK (Wiltshire winter indoors league) and it was just as contrived as it sounds, but fulfilled a function in its own silly way. Just like outdoor short formats, the run-stopping aspects of fielding, the hand-eye coordination of the batsmen, and the core fitness of bowlers are trainable.

But just those three aspects, a cricketer does not make.

kohli’s probably taking the mick out by substituting himself and allowing rohit to lead the side in the death overs of the t20.

1 Like

India are magnificent at the moment. They have such a deep pool of talent in every position.

England are in decline and don’t seem to have any idea how to turn the corner. Sad to see.

1 Like

Interesting thing is, it’s about now you would expect taking international cricket off terrestrial tv would start to hit.

match that was england’s to win. They got the required rate to around 5 an over with 10 wickets in hand and they did a big choke

1 Like

Fielding and fitness I agree but hand eye is something people seem to have or they’ve not. I can see a ball and hit it reasonably well but I have a jackpot brain that goes ding ding ding every time I think I can nail the ball over the fence.That’s why I bat at 8 :laughing:

Most important muscle is between the ears and mine ain’t built for a patient 50.

1 Like

So, India post 336 for 6 from their 50 overs. Quite daunting.

No problem. Stokes and Bairstow are just smashing it all over the place. Currently 281 for 1 after 35 overs.

Ah shit. Stokes added a 4 the next ball and has now just got out on 99. I put the mockers on him. I’m sorry.

Now Bairstow’s out and we’re 287/3. Good knock for him of 124 from 112 balls but potential danger now with two new batsmen.

Now it’s 287/4. I’ve fucked this right up.

No more updates now! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Stokes is on a different planet

1 Like

England comfortably destroyed quite a daunting score and it would have been even better if Kopstar hadn’t said anything.

1 Like

Enjoying this one. England need to fire but well within their reach (at the moment)

Great comeback from England. At one stage it looked like India were heading for well in excess of 400 so to bowl them out for 329 is a great effort. Shout out to Mark Wood. What a hero.

India strong favourites now. One more wicket and it’s over

Turning my attention to the F1 now…

Loving this, wrong call @Kopstar

Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad