The Cricket Thread

FIFY. Probably a case can be made for India to be the footballing equivalent of Man City given the money and the talent. But the national team selections are shit. And Windies are heck of a lot more likable than Everton but a giant in the 80’s slipping to mediocrity and slowly to non-relevance.

2 Likes

Was thinking that, with the IPL etc. Don’t see England as Newcastle, more like Arsenal. Some past glory, but recent slumps, now on the way back, but with a ceiling of third.

1 Like

England’s glories weren’t past. They are the defending T20 WC winners. Also in the running to be among the top 3 teams for a long time. Also have the best limited overs teams by a huge margin. That didn’t happen in the 1990’s , 2000’s and 2010’s.

Generally agree, but how can Liverpool be NZ? Where is their glorious past?

2 Likes

Just the most likable team. Most of the other teams have some absolute cunts and gobshites playing for them

Well, the whole thing is absurd of course, but how are England Newcastle? Where’s the oil money?
We need that rascal @Iftikhar to explain how this whole thing works.

Had to fit the England team into the one PL team that I despise as much as I despise Man Utd , Chelsea , City and all those were taken

Chelsea not taken. They have become so irrelevant I forgot them completely!

Chelsea → India would make more sense though. Huge number of players with no coherent plans on how to use them

Head Spinning GIF by Big Brother

I’d disagree with Aus being likened to Man Shitty.

All of their success has been bought and bought will illgotten blood money. You can critisise Australia at cricket for a few things, but we have always been there or there abouts when it comes to competing for and winning things. We haven’t needed a sugar daddy to come in and buy our success.

I would probably say Australia are most similar to Boca Jnrs for the developement of genius players that have had a massively profound effect on how the game is played.

Come On Reaction GIF

Big Bash Cricket GIF by Madman Films

1 Like

Look what you’ve done @Iftikhar!

I hope you’re ashamed of yourself.

1 Like

He’s merely opened up the thread to bringing sexy to the forums :rofl:

Personally I think he should feel extremely proud and I thank him for his service :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, my Issac Asimov quote isn’t faring any better.

1 Like

How can football clubs be compared to national cricket teams. Compare them to national football teams you maniacs

1 Like

You people have lost the plot

This is what happens when we are deprived of football.

3 Likes

… and cricket for two days.

1 Like