The Cricket Thread

The jury has found him guilty as charged, but no jail can hold him!

Fair play to Crawley, I have to eat humble pie.
Can’t help but feel sorry for Root. That was nasty.
No doubt England will throw the bat tomorrow morning and end up with a lead somewhere between 100 and 200. Could go either way.
The weather looks like the most likely winner, but England have played a lot better than at the beginning of the series. Shame it’s probably too late.

3 Likes

The root ball was awful. Nobody’s getting away from that. If we start in the morning, 200 rapid lead then bowl. Only chance we have I think.

1 Like

New ball available, 117 lead. This is a crucial moment (yet another one).

Stokes gone :frowning:

Love Harry Brook, hope the Saudis don’t pinch him.

3 Likes

Oddly slow this, was expecting more balls in the stands than an all male crowd.

The forecast for Sunday has been downgraded (or upgraded for us Aussies). It looks like very little cricket will be played beyond this afternoon.

This one is so extremely likely to be a draw that its not even worth talking about other possibilities. The Cricviz 44% England victory chance is on drugs. I mean, there’s even rain in an hour!

Love your optimism. I see it slightly differently. Declare at lunch and the hello Aussie collapse.

1 Like

Keep going…rack up as many runs as u can…do not declare…rack em up…

Nasser: “The Australians more desperate to get off the field”

Batsmen running off, Starc complaining about having to stop play, Australians last off the pitch.

So desperate to find something to be self righteous about :roll_eyes:

And unfortunately he’s commentating for the Australian and the English feed.

Bosh! Have some of that!

1 Like

Bairstow might be on 86 but 6 balls might be all the difference come Sunday afternoon. Given Stoke’s aggressive declaration in the first test, he’s gone 180 degrees here.

1 Like

Keep on , keep on…

This will be the final over.

1 Like

Australia doing their best to let England have a lead close to 300

This carnage by England has been coming. In all honesty the fact that this series is where it is stems from England making a balls up of certain passages of play in Tests 1 and 2 and somehow ending up 0-2. They’ll be kicking themselves hard because on the balance of play they’ve been the better team over the 4 Tests so far.

5 Likes

Bairstow to get his 100, then declare.

Swing, bang, in you come.