The Cricket Thread

It will be a great shame if, as seems likely, the Ashes is decided by the weather.
It’s been an absolutely fantastic series with plenty of drama and excitement. The Aussies may be world champions, and rightly so, but they have been pushed all the way by this England side.

3 Likes

We almost doubled their score first innings, they’re shit.

Is it still raining …does anyone know how the delayed start time…sick of watching cooking…and the other football…

Weather update on TMS earlier was maybe a window at lunch. Not highly optimistic though.

What pisses me off SO much about this game is that we knew today was coming so why not start at 10 yesterday and play till 9 with a couple of extra breaks??? We had this at our club a few Sundays ago. Forecast from 4 was awful but nice morning. I suggested on the whatsapp group that we start at 10 not 1 because of the weather. You’d have thought I’d suggested regicide.

The weather is currently blowing in from the West. I’m about 15 miles West away and if they’re getting what we have now, the only Wood on the pitch will be floating.

1 Like

OT right now:
old trafford

Time to introduce reserve days…

1 Like

Bang on. Not rained now for an hour, GET OUT THERE!!!

Hate, hate hate hate this aspect of cricket.

No time to be fucking about today, start with Wood and Woakes.

1 Like

Stunned we have play. Come on England.

Jimmy staring in these conditions? OK I can buy that, going to hoop it round corners.

First ball swinging in, bodes well.

If I were Mitch Marsh, I’d wear a bigger shirt. Podgy git.

@ILLOK You there yet?

Unlike you to water it down. You mean “fat cunt”.

1 Like

OK, getting serious wood here.

Tomorrow.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/skycricket/status/1682725707355439104?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

Front pad almost as big as Shane Watson’s

1 Like

Hoping it’s done today for obvious reasons but I wish you clear skies and well stocked bars for tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

As runs are irrelevant. why are we not attacking dialled up to 11? 5 slips short mid off and on, mid wicket. cover and square leg.

1 Like

The time wasting starts already. Any blow and they’ll be crying for the physio.

2 Likes