The Cricket Thread

I’ve wanted cricket to start earlier since I was a kid. Couldn’t bear waiting for the 11 o’clock start.
If people can start work at 9, why can’t a cricket match start at 10?
5 days is absolutely the right length and always has been. I’m not arguing for changing that, but why not have a spare day? They had one for the world cup final, so it’s not that radical.

1 Like

Because they’re still hungover from the night before.

Erm Err GIF by 43 Clicks North

I do agree 11am start should probably go to 10.30am especially as we should be giving the public as much play as possible.

There also needs to be changes on the flexibility of tea, cricket was one of the first to use technology, if your radar is saying it will rain in 20 mins don’t go off for a tea break when you’ve played less than 2 hours.

The rest however is how it is. These things happen. I’m disappointed we don’t get a test decider this weekend but it’s been a good series and hopefully England can level it.

There have been 6 day matches played in the past.

There were unlimited matches too.

1 Like

Klopp wouldn’t be happy. Doesn’t like early starts

Scared Duck GIF by GritTV

The fans are the ones who are constantly being short changed. It’s not rocket science on how some of these lost overs can be found. Start earlier (really don’t understand why they don’t start at 10am in this country) and shorten the breaks or do away with them completely when the weather causes delays. If the players are off for 3 or 4 hours anyway why the fuck do they need a lunch or tea break.

1 Like

I was, very loudly on all the social media that I could. In the 90s

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

AOL, MSN and Yahoo Messenger?

:rofl:

Just wasn’t a thing. Had an early AOL email account (still have it) but the whole posting opinions on the internet came MUCH later.

Its blasphemous to not even have ICQ in your list. :roll_eyes:

I’m glad none of the mods enjoy cricket . #offtopic

a/s/l
:wink:

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1684502550429540352?s=20

:joy:

1 Like

guilty as charged
Pick Me Hands Up GIF by Football Australia

The old sayings are so often correct.

One brings two.

My Roosters are getting dusted by 20 at half time so they are banned for the night. That leaves the women’s World Cup or the Ashes.

And the winner is….the women and the TAN cricket thread

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. One of Carey’s few mistakes this series. Completely agree with Taylor that should have been a two hander.

Moeen being England’s most sensible batter wasn’t something I expected. Wickets tumbling around him and he navigated a difficult period well.

Surprised he hasn’t been retired hurt with his injury now. Would be getting him off for some treatment and getting a new batter out there so it doesn’t hinder Brook’s game too much either in terms of strike rotation. Looks like they’ve decided he’ll be throwing the kitchen sink at it instead.

Yeah cheers :joy: