The Cricket Thread

Mo (an octogenarian) goes down with an injury. Is county cricket so bereft of spinners?

Shouldn’t have been relying on Mo as a spinner in the first place

Oh dear Ben. Clean bowled by Starc.

Why did they opt. to bat?

Sarcasm?

Australians won the toss and bowled.

I’m not going to dwell on the dropped catch of Brookes, as what is done is done, but I do hope we can get another cheeky wicket in this period and get back to being a bit more in control of this match. I don’t care how it comes. :face_with_peeking_eye:.

Oh, I didn’t get TMS on until about 11, and misheard them talking about the toss.

On the cards that dismissal, looked scratchy from ball one.

1 Like

Can you read too much into body language? Since the weather rolled in in Manchester, he looks kind of defeated with a noticeable lack of fight about him. Seeing him play part-horizontal offside shots just didn’t look right.

If conditions in Kingston are like Vauxhall then they are kind of perfect to bowl, it’s really muggy and close with cloud cover.

Starting to collapse now,Stokes gone for 3 Bairstow gone for 4 and Brook straight after,212-7.

Went for a quick shower and both the Yorkies are gone. Oh well, England likely bowling within the next hour. Pitch looks pretty good to me, another below par first innings total.

At work not far from Vauxhall and it’s overcast and cool, but not really muggy.

Probably the sort of day you would think most bowlers would be able to bowl an extra 2-3 overs per spell. Wood bowling on a day like this could very easily rip through a battig line up as you would think he would be able to put a decent number of overs together

1 Like

Advantage Australia, but we’ll see when they bat. Sloppy fielding and some sloppy batting too.
Plenty of action anyway.

Conditions should be great to bowl in now. This session could decide the series.

I’d put most of the sloppy play from both sides down to tired bodies and tired minds.

1 Like

All the Aussies on here sounding like Manure fans. Impossible to have a sensible conversation. It’s all we won huh huh, tough on you.

Embarassing yourselves.

I’m talking about cricket in general. Hope you can understand that.

Draws are part of test cricket. And a team hanging on for a draw is very exciting. But, a test ending in a draw because only 3 days out of 5 could be played is ridiculous.

1 Like

Not a particularly good start (again) from Broad and Anderson.

Get the two main blokes on now.

1 Like

Very sad to watch the dying embers of Anderson’s wonderful career.
I hope he retires after this series as he doesn’t have anything left to prove.

2 Likes

England suffering from the same overly sentimental approach Liverpool have.

Too much faith in people who either aren’t fit or are no longer good enough.

England’s approach on the pitch is all about being brave, yet they haven’t got the balls to drop Anderson for Josh Tongue. Really poor stuff.

2 Likes

Scotland doing well lately.
Might stick a tenner on them for the ashes