The Cricket Thread

Pretty mad team announced by England, three spinners (+ Root) and Wood as the sole seamer. Risky given his injury record.

In fairness Oz seem to be retiring the biggest cnuts like warner and the likes of cummins and khawaja aren’t all bad.

1 Like

Yeah it’s their shit haircuts nowdays

No way this match is a draw

India ahead at lunch. A lot depends on the Yorkies. Very long tail and the spinners are making the ball talk.
170 all out wouldn’t be a surprise :frowning:

Forgot it started today.

Apparently. …

108-3 is the highest score at the end of the first session by a visiting team batting first in India since Australia managed 131-1 at Dharamsala in March 2017.

How so?

None if them are growing mullets :rofl:

Once again, Stokes comes in with England in trouble :face_with_peeking_eye:

Peach of a delivery to Bairstow :ok_hand:t4:

Might have to revise my prediction down to 150

246 - still shit, but better than expected at 137/6. Stokes on another level once again.

Ashwin, Jadeja + Axar far superior to Leach and the kids.

Expect 400+ from India and an easy victory for them.

England Bowling even worse than feared

All reviews burned in 14 overs :pensive:

Yeah 5-0 to India changed my prediction, unless there are rains at this time of year?

1 Like

Leach bowled well. Strange use of Wood, probably should have given him a longer stint up front. Wasn’t expecting much from Hartley, taken down by a very good player. For some reason it always look a lot worse when it happens to a spinner.

Not too much chance of rain. The weather will get increasingly hotter though as it moves to February.

5-0 then

I saw a bit of the match , thinking of going there on a Saturday as it’s happening in my City.

I don’t see the test extending beyond three days (no matter the result)

The pitch looks fine. A bit of turn but there’s bounce and seems to have good value for shots too. Will need to see how it plays later

1 Like

Nah , India will score 350 at the most.

Indian pitches do have the tendency to get slower and lower as the game progresses , every chance for england to knock off the lead and set a competitive target.

And a target of 200 - 220 in the 4th innings , while chasable can still be something to bowl at.

If England bat anything better than 250 in the second innings I’ll be surprised.

1 Like