The Cricket Thread

Completely passed me by.

Makes sense as I mostly watch test match unless it’s England.

1 Like

https://x.com/espncricinfo/status/1748996109400506706?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

This is a shame. Was looking forward to seeing some Brook bazball on the flat decks.

It’s not gonna be flat decks :joy:

Indian pitches haven’t been flat decks since a long time.

You might get one once in a while which is a good batting surface , but after Kohli took over captaincy, indian wickets have become pretty bowler friendly. In tests.

Cherrington Brook makes any pitch look flat when he’s in the groove.

Kohli has also now withdrawn from the first two tests citing personal reasons. I would assume India have a more like for like replacement, whilst England could try to shoe horn in another all rounder (should just play Foakes but we know how adverse they are to doing that).

It’s high time that India look beyond Kohli in tests anyway.

Nice interview here:

2 Likes

He’s a great lad

I was in India last week and everyone was talking about the upcoming series. They were very confident of giving us a hiding… we’ll see…

England have no chance of bowling India out with their impotent attack.

1 Like

Indian batting is very prone to collapses.

Depends on the playing surface in Hyderabad.

4-1 India would be my prediction. A Root masterclass will be enough to get us on the board at least.

5-0 England would be @Sithbare 's prediction. He likes to manage India’s expectations.

2 Likes

3-2

Not going say which team.

No way England bowl them out four times.

Regrettable incident.

Fucking shenanigans

1 Like

Cuntishness and Indian cricket are inseparable.

From an Australian.

Star Trek Applause GIF

1 Like

This has been the policy since the Headley incident where he being of Pakistani descent surveyed the targets for 26/11 terrorists.

From what it looks like , they’ve applied for the visa with time to spare. Unless there’s a potential red flag for the issuance of visas , it shouldn’t be taking this long

It’s def regrettable as there should be some cases where providing visas should be expedited. But it is what it is and doesn’t help that the government bureaucracy takes too long.