The Cricket Thread

Post-Ashes waning. I promise I will build into my old self by the end of next year :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Great keeping Foaksey shame it wasn’t out….even in the spirit of the game. Stokesy would have called him back. Lords would have erupted. Did Jonny rip you? From me, just like Carey totally legit good glovework.

Huh? Do you need medical assistance?

Nah all good 100% thanks.

Just bemused at wicketkeeping hypocrisy.

But great Pom win nonetheless.

Didn’t notice that

Think you’ll find not all England fans think that way, Bairstow was dumb and he deserved to be given out.

As would the Indian cricketer.

1 Like

Jadeja and Rahul both out of the next test.

Big losses on their first innings and you assume knocks were being carried.

Sarfaraz finally makes it into the squad, wonder if they’ll give him a chance. Averaging just shy of 70 in first class cricket.

Jadeja will be a huge miss.

KL not so much but he’s in form. But Sarfaraz’s debut has been long overdue

Sure he’s looking forward to facing hobbling Jack Leach

Seems like Patidar is the likely replacement given he was already in the squad, which confuses me a bit. How can you ignore somebody averaging 70 for that long.

Leach likely out on Friday as well, with Bashir possibly making his debut according to the BBC.

In other news, Joe Root has gone above Ben Stokes in the test all rounder rankings. :rofl:

2 Likes

https://x.com/espncricinfo/status/1752963482029629662?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

2 Likes

England toiling.
This looks like a very easy wicket.

India to bottle it. England to go 2-0 up.

In before @Sithbare

2 Likes

Indeed. 163-2 means 200 all out.

2 Likes

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF

Jaiswal is some player.

Jimmy bowled really well earlier, still life in the old dog yet. Bashir has also done pretty well considering his inexperience.

Pretty even day, could maybe slightly give it to India though a number of there batsmen threw their wicket away. Not much on offer for the bowlers, some swing early on but not many turning too much.

1 Like

I guess England will be happy with under 400, India will be happy with over 450.
I wish England had a proper bowling attack.

1 Like