The Cricket Thread

This is turning out to be quite an interesting series.

India’s having problems of their own and England’s not the perfect side too.

Not that interesting. 2-1.

1 Like

Yup, was set up to be a decent game and then :unamused:

Dare I say I went to bed at 5.30 :wink:

Summer should be good mind :joy:

Awful day all round for England. The shambolic shot Root played the catalyst to that collapse, no idea what he was thinking.

This was the day to take the initiative in this series. Ashwin unfortunately out of the match, Bumrah likely being rested for the next test and against a young, inexperienced batting line up. They won’t get a better chance to win a series in India for a long, long time and they weren’t good enough to be ruthless and get the job done.

2 Likes

Thing is if your batting partner is playing the shots there is no need to be stupid especially if it’s not the way you play.

1 Like

1 Like

200 for Jaiswal. Great knock. 12 6s in this innings.

Jimmy must be among the few great fast bowlers who gets taken for runs at times.

Stupid… needlessly throwing wickets away makes me very cross. Pointless to run for that. Test was already lost but dear me.

Good play by Jurel for the run out. The throw was hard but wayward (going for a direct hit).

Will be a procession now :disappointed:

Harsh out decision that.

Looked not out to the naked eye.

One more goes. Not a great choice of shit by Pope.

Glorious

1 Like

A pathetic last couple of days from an England perspective.

3 Likes

Yeah , England had India reeling. They got them down to their new batsmen w.r.t the batsmen missing - KL , Kohli , Pant or dropped , Rahane , Pujara , Iyer, Vihari etc etc(nothing that’s England’s doing)… That’s a huge chunk of batsmen missing who’ve been the mainstay not so long back.

The fact is that this Indian team has a pretty raw batting line-up in terms of international experience

You would think this would be impetus enough for England to win in India (which isn’t the easiest thing to do in cricket).

This would be the one time that India had a slightly shaky batting line-up and England’s not done well enough to capitalise on that.

Apart from the 1 test where India choked in Hyderabad despite being in control (the last day and a bit perhaps), England haven’t done enough.

I agree with Alastair Cook’s suggested changes for the next test. Robinson for Anderson, Atkinson for Wood and Lawrence for Bairstow.

Thing is what actually is Bazball?

Is it the bravado comms, the silly shot playing at times?

When it started it certainly seemed to come with clear heads but now it’s just a stick for journos and opposing fans.

It’s as stale as a Sunak announcement

1 Like

@Sithbare