The Cricket Thread

The soulless tiki-taki boring ‘Pep ball’ good football? I’m not surprised ‘fans’ who only see this end up being fickle supporters.

2 Likes

agree with this…some of the movement is sublime, the technical skill is amazing…passages of play on a highlights reel can look good…

but its boring to watch…actually boring.

2 Likes

Leach out for the series and some doubt over Ahmed’s involvement due to more visa issues. England choosing not to call up a replacement spinner seems a bit odd. Probably won’t be an issue for the next test on what is thought to be a pretty flat pitch, Wood coming in here makes sense as that extra pace will likely be needed if England are to force a result.

3 players on the 1 tour all having visa issues.

How does 1 go about applying for the job of Team Manager for a cricket team? I could do the fucking job better than whoever is currently doing it

2 Likes

Going to be a long slog for the English bowlers. JA and MW can only bowl short spells, so Hartley, Ahmed and Root will have to bowl the bulk of the overs.

Fly Fishing

1 Like

Looking forward to see Sarfaraz , there’s a good batsman there.

Run out at the time when Sarfaraz was looking dangerous.

Run outs are England’s best hope.

Not sure I’d like it if my captain reacted in the way Rohit did in the dressing room.

Day went pretty much as expected, quite a flat pitch and India cashed in. That missed catch by Root proved to be crucial. Anderson was unlucky not to take a wicket in his spell when he had the ball reversing.

All turned a bit on the DRS over turn (or when I went bed)

Your decision to go to bed will be seen as pivotal in the direction of the match. It’s unlikely that England will recover from that blow.

1 Like

England’s fielders, dismayed and distracted by MH’s going to bed antics, have forgotten how to catch.

That Pope dismissal looked harsh. Huge swing and ball tracking says it might have clipped the leg stump bail. Why no umpire’s call?

Nervous for Root now :grimacing:

1 Like

Excellent by England, but still a lot of work to do. I really hope Root can get some runs tomorrow.

1 Like

Exceptional innings by Duckett, one he’s been threatening for a while. Excellent pitch for Bazball, not sure India have curated the type of pitch you’d think they would have to counter it. Not much bounce from the spinners, England were able to just sweep whenever they wanted with there being little turn as well.

Bat all day tomorrow and they’ll be in with a real chance of taking a 2-1 lead.

1 Like

https://x.com/espncricinfo/status/1758544113245487142?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

Sad news

Root and Bairstow are really becoming a concern. They are supposed to be the backbone of England’s batting and they are both woefully out of form.

Root needs to be told to play his own game. Forget Bazball. It really doesn’t work for him. Take the pressure off him. As for Bairstow…drop I think.

1 Like