The Cricket Thread

Great batsman. Unlikable prick.

He’s obviously a dick, but the thing that gets me is that he supports them ‘right now’ because they’re successful at the moment. If Man U or Chelsea were successful ‘right now’, he’d support them.
It’s a total misunderstanding of what support means.
This is why you can’t replicate what you get in the top European leagues. I would support Liverpool if we were in the sixth tier. All these people who follow successful franchises will never get that.

Sorry, off topic, but it really grates with me.

3 Likes

Most Indians don’t have anything beyond a passing interest in football.

Quite a lot of them watch the odd matches and then invariably see the team playing good football (which the cheating cunts do play) and end up “supporting them”. They either don’t know or don’t care about the cheating aspects.

You could add South America to the mix.

No way in hell would anyone ever dare switch clubs in Brazil or Argentina.

4 Likes

There aren’t too many City fans in India yet but those scum are a growing number.

Longterm football fans are in a minority though , most guys frequenting the pubs to watch matches are those guys in the 21-26 age group.
Most Indians (that I know) are fans of Man Utd, Arsenal , Chelsea and then Liverpool and City. Probably has to do with them starting to watch football in the mid 2000s.

1 Like

332 runs needed with 9 wickets. The morning session has something in it for the quicks. If Rehan Ahmed frustates by getting cheeky boundaries and eating time while Bumrah swings it, then bazball will come into play.

Fify

Oh well, never mind :confused:

Can only assume Root’s finger injury is giving him real bother as that was a crazy innings by him, kitchen sink at every ball type stuff.

Well batted in both innings by Crawley, unfortunately lacked the support at the other end for long enough.

2 Likes

Root and Bairstow big concerns for England.
Any chance of Brook returning?

I still believe… come on Stokesy…just seen the Crawley dismissal :thinking:

Even if Stokes gets a century and Foakes gets fifty, they still might not do it, and the bounce is very uneven.

Stokes thrown his wicket away… :roll_eyes:

Should have been a comfortable run…

Stupid play from Stokes.

England could have won this one.

1 Like

Scouse Tom to win this for us… :crazy_face:

Sadly a bluenose though.

1 Like

England might still win this.

Oh all is well that ends well.

Well tried England. Good win for India despite not being as comprehensive as I would have liked.

If we can get Jaiswal out cheaply then I think the rest of the Indian batting line up can be quite fragile… maybe

There might well be some other batsman who comes to the fore in other matches.

More importantly, the temperature will increase now and that will play a part. Hyderabad was comfortable and the other venues (including this one will get more hot and humid as the early summer kicks in)

The fifth is in dharamshala where England should feel pretty comfortable w.r.t climate but Saurashtra and Ranchi are going to be uncomfortable weather wise.

I don’t see Jimmy playing all three remaining tests.

Gave themselves too much to do again

1 Like