The Cricket Thread

Largely hasn’t played because of injury, and also because his test record is relatively modest. He escapes criticism for being absolutely crap on this tour whilst Anderson cops flak, doesn’t seem right to me.

1 Like

He’s 41 though. Literally how long can he keep going and he does have spells but in the last year and a half he has also had spells of nothing.

1 Like

That is not down to Broad or Anderson though. Woods has been shocking in his availability as he is constantly injured. If he had been able to stay fit, he would have played a heap more tests

The Broad/Anderson situation reminds me a little of the Walsh/Ambrose situation, in that the coffers are empty. Succession is everything and England seem to have been a bit complacent here.

I do think England will get some bowlers in for sure. But it is going to take some time. 2-3 years and that will be optimistic.

Compare it to every other team trying to find a good combination - 2/3 years is optimistic.

Also there’s no one else really banging the door down to get in so it may take a bit.

The summer at least, not sure what their schedule is like afterwards.

I assume Robinson was the one England earmarked as a definite replacement for Broad/Anderson, but him supposedly being a massive prick and his fitness issues might soon see him out of the fold. Tounge and Potts have done pretty well with the limited chances they’ve had, obviously Archer was also an absolute nailed on first choice pick but alas injuries have halted his England career.

Woakes, Robinson, Potts, Wood, Archer, Stone, J.Overton, C.Overton, Sam Curran etc…they have plenty of bowlers who are capable at home, the problem is getting/keeping some of them fit and again Woakes aside, I don’t think any of them would do any better than Jimmy.

1 Like

Pretty good move by BCCI to prioritise tests. If only the other boards follow suit.

The creation and success of the IPL is what changed the current landscape of cricket, surprised it took them so long to do something like this.

This is so frustrating to see this guy struggle like this.

Yes, I know concussion is a serious issue and players health needs to be first priority, but this kid is so ridiculously talented it is so annoying to see him struggle like this.

Fucking hate the way you’re not allowed to say “batsman” these days.

“Batter” is what goes on your fish before it gets fried.

Who is stopping you?

And maiden is a young woman, over is a preposition and a long leg is part of the body.

Bowl the maiden over.

I don’t think he should be playing cricket that much longer. He’s had way too many concussions. 11 concussions isn’t normal.

True.

I remember listening to a aussie podcast last year where they had as a guest in 1 episode a former rugby league player who was told to retire at 23 due to having too many concussions. From memory, Ithink he had 7 or 8 in total, but had 3 in 1 season which was the trigger as they ended the season for him after the 3rd, but due to on going headaches post recovery they sent him to see an expert brain injury surgeon who refused to give him the medical clearance to return so he was forced to retire.

I am surprised that something similar hasn’t yet happened with Will Pucovski looking at the number of times he has suffered concussions

2 Likes

To something funnier

@Iftikhar

And I’d say it’s unfair to all the players involved whenever he plays a match. Bowlers will shirk off bowling bouncers at him knowing his history with concussions. No bowler would want to deliberately cause someone injury.

Be the first to experience Ultra Lux, the world’s most luxurious stays, curated by experts (youtube.com)

tough cunt