The Cricket Thread

I have asked my brother in law for Tewatia’s shirt already.

1 Like

I think IPL’s fixed.

And all other slog and giggle t20 leagues for that matter

Jeez, a tie in this MI v KXIP game and then the super over is tied as well. Another super over coming up. The third of the day after the earlier game also resulted in a tie.

Brilliant game, though my team played a little too safe cricket in the first super over. De kock and Rohit should have finished that.

Fair play to Shami though, matching Bumrah for great bowling.

Best wishes and hope he makes a speedy recovery. He was the first Indain player that I remember, and always hated it when Aus played India and he was playing cause he was 1 player that could turn a match in their favour - he was that good.

6 Likes

The great man is okay.

4 Likes

Sensational from Stokes there. A breezy and composed hundred, can only recall him offering once chance to the opposition. Had been under fire for some under par performances whilst opening but emphatically answered his critics.

Gambhir dropping truth bombs today on Virat’s average captaincy. I now expect for the power couple’s PR to go after Gambhir like they targeted Gavaskar.

1 Like

Speaks the truth though. He shouldn’t be a limited overs captain

I don’t follow much cricket these days, but Oh dear. What happened there? :eyes:

1 Like

Are you referring to Aus-India? If you are, then it’s a day-night test at the Adelaide oval. They said that the pitch was great and should be fairly even, but that wasn’t accounting for the Aussie pink ball, which provides a hell of a lot of movement for bowlers.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t follow cricket much these days either.

There goes one of the few things WI are proud of.

Adelaide??? I thought Perth/WACA throws such brutalities.

1 Like

There’s a lot of competition between the major Aussie grounds and with any series less than 5 tests it’s slim pickings when SCG and MCG are guaranteed to take 2 of those, so the curators have to find a way to stand out from the crowd like Perth has done. Yeah traditionally AO would be considered a bit boring, but they’ve certainly mixed it up with the current format.

With the day night test and pink ball change, plus massive investment in the stadium, I expect AO to be part of every series from here on like Perth has done.

2 Likes

I need to start watching Test Cricket again, they are such a riot.

Initially I thought that was a shocking batting display in the second innings by our players. Missed watching today’s play so caught up with the FoW just now. Having seen now, I can say there was nothing shocking about it. The Aussies bowled really well but we were the real reason for our own downfall. Lack of footwork, front foot not in line with the pitch of the ball, (tentatively) playing balls that should have been left alone. Combined with some brilliant bowling no wonder we edged so many deliveries.

I love test matches and hate it when they get over in 4 days. 2.5 days today was extremely disappointing. I hope our batsmen recover some pride in the next match.

Edit: I meant that I hope our batsmen restore some pride in the next match.

5 Likes

They probably will restore their own personal pride but your bowling attack made your batting performance irrelevant. India 9 out and 1 retired hurt for only 36. Cummings and Hazelwood were unplayable apparently. Couldn’t have happened to a more decent bloke than Tim Paine and Virat has finally been shown up for the charlatan he is in terms of leadership of the most followed cricketing nation.

3 Likes

As sure as death and taxes, a team from the sub-continent has a collapse in them when playing in Australia.

That was a doozy.

2 Likes

From what auzziez wrote I think he supports India in the cricket?

2 Likes

Yes, confusingly, auzziez seems to be a desi :thinking:

2 Likes