The Cricket Thread

Bairstow has thrown that away there, fell right into the trap. Didn’t look like the most threatening of deliveries either, could have put it away to the boundary.

WI vs. Pakistan. Two proud cricketing nations in depth of turmoil.

When an opening batsman gets runout on 97, in a Test Match, you know something is horribly wrong with you.

1 Like

I’ve missed all of todays innings but quite suprised to see England 314 for 5 at tea,i was half expecting a collapse but hopefully Root can now get to 150+ and get a stronger foothold back in the game.

1 Like

Root is in exceptional form at the moment. It’s been a joy to watch. I really hope Ali can get some runs, he’s a fine player once he gets going. We could still be all out for 30 runs more, but that’s England for you.

1 Like

Pakistan already lost a wicket :rofl:

Cricket isn’t helping my nerves at all

Bairstow, Buttler and Moeen have all let a really good opportunity slip here. It’s not exactly been a minefield to bat on, but it’s the age old issue of them not being able to get big scores after getting themselves in.

1 Like

Root has saved England here. Shame no one could stick around with him otherwise they would be looking at a decent lead.

1 Like

4 no balls in the over, not sure Anderson will have appreciated being battered by 10 Bumrah balls at 39 years of age.

Last ball of the day and he succumbs, was in the absolute wars there bless him. Would say a draw looks likely from here barring another England batting collapse.

2 Likes

Never rule out an England batting collapse

This is promising to be an exciting finale.

Fuck your T20, T10, this is what cricket is about.

3 Likes

Good game this, playing today with 3 Indian guys, TMS on, sheer bliss. Run out for 14 though but I blunted their openers :slight_smile:

Much respect for Pujara. He’s a real old school test batsman. His wicket doesn’t come cheap.

3 Likes

Seems like they are more intent on giving Bumrah a taste of his own medicine rather than trying to get him out, bowl straight at the stumps please.

This has turned into an absolutely disastrous session for England.

Shami and Bumrah putting up a 70 odd partnership. What a disastrous session for England.

1 Like

Great test thus far. Just when you think one team is pulling away, a 180 occurs.

Can England bat at 4 an over? Should Kohli declare?

England decided to have a bowling collapse just to mix things up a bit :roll_eyes:

2 quick wickets for India. Root will be the key.

England shitting the bed,Burns and Sibley gone already,1 for 2

This is all going brilliantly. Utter incompetence from England today.

2 Likes