The Cricket Thread

Pope??? How can you play such a loose shot after being so long on the pitch?

1 Like

Nicely set up. England definitely blew it when in a good position. I’m not just blaming Ali, there were a lot of dubious shots.
Good to see Woakes back. He offers a lot more than Curran.
The bowlers need to make inroads in the morning or it could be a long day.

1 Like

India 108 for 1 leading England by 9 at lunch.Anderson with the wicket.

Got it spot on.

1 Like

England is nicely screwed.

Curran reminds me of so many cricketers I’ve played against. Bats well and bowls well (for a reasonable club player) Doesn’t have the skill or the pace at this level and certainly doesn’t have the batting.

Sharma with his first century outside of India (127) and Pujara gone,India 246 for 3,leading by 147 now.

England needs rain, lots of it :blush:

1 Like

Don’t think so. We’re well in this.

Yup, pitch is looking pretty flat. A lot of metrics from cricvizanalyst on Twitter have shown that this has been one of the easiest pitches to bat on in a long time in England with a lack of swing, seam and spin. Time permitting England could chase 300 on this, suspect it might end in a draw though.

1 Like

Looks like you’re in for a good day tomorrow mate! Been a while since I’ve been to the cricket. Nothing better than a day of test cricket, and supping on beers. Ofcourse there will be the obligatory overpriced burger!

1 Like

6 Likes

India should declare at lunch.

We’ve had lunch already it’ll be tea next break

Might not end up getting a result here, but India will have been happy to have put some big overs in the legs of Anderson and Robinson. Not much rest between tests for them with the Old Trafford test starting on Friday. Assume England will have to rest one of them for that match and bring Wood back into the fold.

1 Like

India all out for 466,England need 368 to win.

1 Like

It’ll be over by lunch tomorrow

1 Like

Think it will be a bit beyond England to score that quickly

2 Likes

England victory, written in the stars :slight_smile: