The Cricket Thread

Without Roots, England will fall easily.

It’s set up for a great day tomorrow. That Root wicket certainly makes it an even day, will be big pressure on Malan to get a score and for Pope to get near to matching his first class average on this ground. The nature of the ground will hopefully suit the likes of Bairstow and Ali, would like to think Overton and Woakes can contribute a bit more than Curran has with the bat.

Yeah can’t see England getting parity sadly unless Woakes and the like dig in better than what they have replaced.

1 Like

Pretty even at the moment. Doesn’t look likely to end in a draw.

Lovely partnership to watch between these two. Need them to stick together now for another few hours into this afternoon to hopefully take the game away from India.

Desperately hoping that we can bat long. Looks like the pitch might be flattening out a bit which is good for England and any supporters who happen to have tickets for the 4th day…

1 Like

The poor sods for day 4 are fucked :sweat_smile:

In reality, with it being this tight right now, you may well see the most exciting bits on day 4. Fingers crossed for you!

1 Like

Watching Bangladesh vs. New Zealand T20 :nauseated_face:

Pope averages over 100 in FC at this ground. There is hope for you yet.

Looks like it was an exciting finish.

Mo Ali gone for 35, England now 227 for 7

Totally irresponsible from vice captain Ali. 10 mins to tea with England cruising he skies one.

:roll_eyes:

It’s looking like it’s going to be another intriguing match though. Test is best!

2 Likes

Anybody who argues otherwise needs to have their head examined.

4 Likes

I get the perspective, but I’m reading TMS saying the same thing, justifying the lack of faith people have in him, all while ignoring that he still scored more than every player bar Pope who was picked to score runs. giving away your wicket is frustrating, especially when you’ve got yourself in. Being an actual batsman and not being able to even get yourself that far is surely more worthy of judgment though.

1 Like

I’d always be happy with 35 from the 8th in order, considering the first 5 scored less in total.*

*Ill give Root a pass on that mind.

Pope gone for 81,England 250 for 8

Shame, he was looking good. Another 20 or 30 would be nice.

Robinson gone for 5 now,255 for 9

This is set up to be another decent test to be fair. 65 or so gives England something to try and get at India with this evening and India aren’t that far behind.

I would say 300 was bare minimum on this though.

A lead of 99 then after a fantastic knock from Woakes. Feels like a few have really missed out again on getting a big score, Ali and Pope got out with pretty poor shots. The pitch looks good to bat on, wouldn’t be a surprise if India set a decent total for England to have to chase. No swing and not much spin either.

2 Likes