The Cricket Thread

And they will look like dickheads for it.

Forgot about Archer, I assume he is injured.

Elbow surgery or something like that, I think.

1 Like

I think Archer is out for the rest of the year post surgery. Who knows if he’ll ever be the same again.

If not Archer, I’d go with Wood. Broad’s days could be numbered with the emergence of Robinson.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it doesn’t look as if Wood will ever be fit for a five match series. It’s a shame because it’s great to have someone with genuine pace, especially in Australia.

1 Like

That’s why I’d be taking this guy (Saqib Mahmood)

On that baking day when Anderson’s bowling without a mm of movement or swing, Sir Geoff will be saying what he’s always said. “You need pace down under or you get whacked”

Unfortunately he’ll be saying it to nearly nobody instead of on TMS

1 Like

Robinson has been exceptional again today, and Woakes looks like he hasn’t missed a beat despite not playing test cricket for absolutely ages. Doesn’t look that fun for Bairstow out there mind.

1 Like

Have we got anyone who can bowl in 20/20 as these two seem to have taken the game away from England a bit.

Was hoping England would get the last 2-3 wickets quicky. Get England in to bat during the last hour and see if they can nab a couple!

Err what just happened

I’m due to be there on Sunday so any chance we can take it a bit easier for the next two days?!

Not sure why Woakes bowled a number of slower balls, bit daft but England would have taken 191 all out on day one at the start of play. Hopefully now they get through to the close 0 down and set that platform for the likes of Root and Pope to attack tomorrow.

Damn

1 Like

Looks like a firm no so far.

1 Like

Telling me. 6-2. FFS.

Old times return.

Pitch hasn’t looked that dangerous at all really since the initial couple of Bumrah overs, these two are accumulating runs pretty easily. Would think England will still be able to get a comfortable first innings lead with the attacking nature of the players to come.

200-2 it will be right :slight_smile:

Root now gone. Most wickets to have fallen on the first day of an oval test since 1926. Stop it lads!